Car broken into!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Suby1128, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

So I woke up this morning as usual to get ready for work. Go to grab my car keys and they aren't wherre I left them. Hmmm strange.

I walk out my room and hear my mum moving around, so I ask her if she moved my car keys and she says:

"We've had quite a night, did you leave your car unlocked last night with your stereo faceplate on your spoiler?"

...:squint:

I grab my keys out from her hand and head out to my car, I go in and the contents of my center console have been spread out all over my passenger seat. I'm not quite sure why they would jimmy the lock, grab the headunit and empty the center console, only to leave everything there and put the faceplate on the spoiler on their way down my driveway.

Well, while I was writing this my mum called me, and apparantly our neighbors minivan was broken into. She's the block captain (great, she doesn't send out the e-mail alerts like she's supposed to) and apparantly kids have been breaking into cars to get the garage door openers, that way they can come back later and take better stuff.

Mine is still in the same spot as it has been for the past few months : phew : .

Time to convince my parents to invest in a firearm for home defense I think :eek:hnoes: .

Craig

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

that sucks craig

3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I would wait every night for the Fokers to open my garage door, then, they would get a nice suprise....

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

can the garage door opener be reprogrammed?

sorry about your break in... at least they didnt take anything

5. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I don't think they got our garage door code, because our garage door would have opened if they tried to program it into their own receiver. I'll see if there's a way to reprogram it.

I'm glad they didn't get anything, but I'm worried about them trying to come back if they did manage to get the code.

Craig

I think I'll be waiting up tonight on my back porch, see if I can hear anybody sneaking around at 3 am

6. BelvnAWD

Did you sell the BB gun yet?

7. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

lol, not yet. Hardly think that will compare to a real gun though

Craig

8. BelvnAWD

If its a bunch of kids stealing garage door openers in upscale areas, a BB gun should be just fine...

9. paint ball gun on 3 shot burst would do the trick not only sting like hell but would mark them for a few minsuntil the cops can get there and look. Or you can find some one the old paint balls and put them in the freezer that will leave a mark.

10. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

not looking to kill somebody :rofl: , and I know from experience that a BB gun this powerful will penetrate a good 1/2 inch into flesh. I'd be looking at a huge lawsuit and possibly deportation (British citizen green card holder) if I shot somebody unarmed. I'd leave that to the parents (naturalized last november).

I'm looking into those rotating alarm code systems, that should do the trick in keeping somebody out (stops even those code grabber things).

Craig

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i doubt they'd come back the immediate following night

12. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Me neither, but there are some pretty stupid rich suburban kids out there :hsnono:, who knows what goes through their minds. My guess is these aren't hardened criminals that know how to cover their tracks.

I mean, they left my faceplate on my car, I could easily have it wiped for fingerprints but my parents don't seem to think this is as big of a deal as I do.

Craig

13. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

That is just rediculous....I'm sorry that it happened....kids these days with their MTV just have no respect anymore

14. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

damn i very sorry to hear this happened. comming from an ex con i have experence in these matters. just because they didnt take the remote doesnt mean they did not write the code down manually. there are other ways to get the code besides a code grabber. heres how to change your code. most garage doors work on a fixed code. its very easy to change yourself. first off on the back of the motor unit the should be a reciever that your remote talks to. open it and there should be 10 or so dip switches. if you open your remote youll notice the same switches. simply change the possitions of the switches on the reciever and make all the remotes switches correspond with the reciever. you now have a new code. hope this helps.

15. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Craig, I hope that you catch whoever did this...I am really sorry that this happened to you...People are just crazy nowadays...It doesn't matter if you are in a rich or a poor neighbourhood, crimes like this always happen...

Mark

16. jayj713

jayj713 Member

bb guns pierce skin!

17. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i hate kids, shoot em

18. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Sorry bout that man. I dont think you gonna kill anbody with a bb/paint gun but the minute they step in the garage or house "lite em up like firecrackers" The law should understand. oh yeah frozen paintballs will make anybody :crying: and sore for days....kinda like lether on your a$$...hurt for days...What nobody ever got a whuppin before?? thats the problem nobody wants to whup their kids butts when they need it anymore. but thats another topic.

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

lol exactly
    the day my kid isnt back my 11 is the day i bring out the belt

20. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

frozen paintballs with a 400-500fps gun = pain, +1