Car shipping companies..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by djdrew, Aug 6, 2008.

1. djdrew

djdrew New Member

Well alright, almost home from my second shitty deployment to the sandbox and i need my car shipped from Atl to NC. Anyone have any tips/reviews/referrals? any input is appreciated..

2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

atl to nc isn't that far of a drive...is it?

3. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

ya i'd just drive man. i came from ohio to savannah, wasn't that bad

4. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Not even worth having your car transported for that. Just drive it.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It'll cost more to transport than to drive there.

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Seriously? Just drive. Or if you can find a way to send me home I'll drive it for you. Either way it'll be cheaper than transport.

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

^ + 1 il drive it to you

8. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Sorry to thread-jack, but I may be moving to the west coast towards Christmas and will be looking into shipping my car. While we are on the subject, does anyone know of any reputable and reasonable companies? Thanks.

9. djdrew

djdrew New Member

Yea i know it'll be cheaper and I would do it but..

1. military has these stupid ass rules about driving more then a 100 miles radious until i get all these post deployment briefs done. It'll be a month until i get everything done. I could do it but if i get caught..bye bye rank(got 9 months left and I'm trying to get an honerable discharge). On top of that, I've been out 8 months and have so much crap to take care of when i get back

2. i'll have to buy a plane ticket home and then drive it all the way up to NC

trust me, if i could go home to pick up my car the second i get back to the states, i would

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Have someone here drive it to you, and buy them dinner and a plane ticket home.

Still cheaper then a transport company...I might even do it for ya!

11. djdrew

djdrew New Member

Yea, I'm starting to lean towards having someone drive it up for me. Well anyways thanks guys and Berzerklo..

http://www.nationwideautotrans.com/

My buddy told me about them it costs about $900 to ship from Atl to Cali. They have discounts IE. student, military, ETC you can pack all your crap in your car as well.

12. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

^do you know anyone who had experience with nation wide?

13. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

^^Thanks man. Congrats on almost being done!

14. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

also sending a congrats your way! I hope you get some safe as well as getting your car home safe and sound...best of luck on both ends. www.kudzu.com may have some car shipment info..maybe....posting from celly so I really can't search for ya at this time....

15. djdrew

djdrew New Member

Yea, got referred to them from someone else. Got her car shipped for $900 give or take all the way from Atl to Cali.

well thanks everyone. Got 9 months left on my contract so this is my last tour here soooo :fawk: U Iraq!!...haha

16. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

Interestingly enough.... My father has just started his own car transport business. Covered trailer, based from here. Dunno if its still on your mind, but just throwing it out there.

17. djdrew

djdrew New Member

really? does he do door to door services?

18. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

he's working with a guy at first, but yeah. He said he just delivered a tricked out sti in florida before heading west, sometime a couple weeks ago.