Car Storage?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRXCoupe, Feb 22, 2010.

1. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I need to store my car for a couple of weeks at most. Will pay. Does not have to be garaged. Just in a fairly safe place that I can access. I am not leaving town. I have a couple of new neighbors that moved in today. I looked out my window at 3a.m. and they were leaning up against my car having a smoke. I went out and politely asked them not to lean on my car, nothing out of line. However they are big bad tough "gangsta's", albeit they did oblige my request not to lean on the car, were muttering under their breath as I walked away, probably not wanting to loose face for obliging a white man!

I need to establish a feeling of mutual respect over the next couple of days so that we're on the same base and there is a firm understanding about each others property. While we are working this out I would like to ensure that my car is not vandalized. Once my car is removed from the picture then I have the freedom of doing whatever it takes to develop a great rapport, or find a different apartment within the community. Either way I would like to protect my vehicle.

Thanks All

2. TOI

TOI Member

look around at the local storage units. the ones we use have car spaces... well had we are using a few

3. ptc075

ptc075 Member

If you're serious, you're welcome to just leave it on my driveway for a few weeks. Don't know how convienent Suwanee is for you, but it'd be free.

I don't lurk here much, so drop me a line on my e-mail. ptc075 at yahoo

-Chris!

4. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

wise precaution.

I've got plenty of space, but i'm in horse-country Woodstock.

5. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Coupe,
    I need a car for a couple of weeks...I'll garage it at night :sx:

6. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

$50 bucks a week you can park it inside my shop.

7. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I live in woodstock too, will park my car outside, and you could take the garage, or you could park outside. I'm glad to hear that you are sticking up for yourself, but stay safe.

8. WJM

WJM Banned

WIN!!!!!!!

Otherwise there are a few storage units that I've seen that are rather high security that have outside units (still fenced and video monitored 24/7) that have big enough units to part a SUBARU in. Last time I used one it was ~$90 a month and held my RX quite nicely.

9. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

long enuf for the 'thug' to forget what car is his

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

it's called a big dog and kite string for a leash or...

3 liter coke bottle, steel wool, duct tape, throw away 380, close proximity

11. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I would have set off my alarm from inside. Then come out and ask what they were doing.

12. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I had brass knuckles on my left (cause a clean r hand with brass knuckles will kill) and a duck taped table leg with a lead filled end, up my right coat sleeve. Believe me a nice left jab with the brass knuckles will put a big man down, and the table leg is great for extremities. I was not going to be the aggressor but I was ready. One guy looked like Mike Tyson and just as swole and the other one was about 6'5" and built. I don't think they were expecting me to come walking right up to them, but then again it was my Suby!

I saw them on the porch next morning, introduced myself told them didn't want to get off on the wrong foot but you know how Italians are about their cars, they laughed, shook hands. Plus they did not sense any fear or intimidation from me, so I think they figured I was a pretty stand up "White Boy". See how things go over the next couple of days. I appreciate all the offers and will reply if necessary.

Just a footnote to this story. I am a boxing trainer and I have been coaching a client for about a year. He works for homeland security and travels globally. He is a decent martial artist but was not that good with his hands so I have been coaching him with the hands. He works down town. He is about 5'8" 170 stocky. He was leaving work last week when he was approached by a 6'4"ish African American male who asked him for the time. He told the guy to get lost and this gentleman proceeded to pull out a 8" Phillips screwdriver with a sharpened end and slashed across my guys chest cutting his suit jacket almost in half. He then came down with the screwdriver and my friend caught the blow with his left forearm cutting him. He slipped to his right as he caught the impact of the screwdriver with his left and the force of the downward movement of the screwdriver caused the attacker to lean forwards exposing the left side of his head. My friend who has a big thumping overhand right caught him clean on the left ear with all his body weight under the punch. The guy went down, unconscious with blood coming out of his ear. My friend said the guy could not even hear what the cops were saying to him when they were arresting him. I just love hearing shit like that, although he is lucky as hell the guy was not packing. Definitely a good reason to carry concealed!

13. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

If you need my driveway, let me know.

14. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Oh man....so you are not gonna be calling me for some help and I won't be able to use your car for a few? SUCKS!!! :rofl:

Glad things worked out.