Car wash

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by D_K, Nov 8, 2006.

1. D_K

D_K Member

So i've been trying to get that nasty stain from my exhaust off my bumper, but I can't seem to get it off. I've been using turtle wax car wash on my car, but the yellow is still there.

any suggestions???... :sx:

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

re-paint it....I tried with everything possible on Mark's bumper and nothing worked....I might be proven wrong (hope so) but once it's burnt....it's burnt....

3. Try Clay-baring it..can't really think of anything else that would work super well.

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Time for an exhaust heat shield :)

5. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Try the gliptone website...www.gliptone.com. It may help...I may purchase some products from them....

Mark:hsugh:

6. D_K

D_K Member

will the heat shield solve the problem?..I mean it is on the back of bumper too ( the left side where the exhaust is)..

just curious..what is that yellow stain.. is it because of the heat?..

7. D_K

D_K Member

8. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

I would have to guess that it is a combination of heat burning the clear coat and some of the fun exhaust fumes working thier way down into the pores of the pain....just a guess though. I don't see why an exhuast shield would not help...although if it is all the way up the bumper, a tune may be a saving grace, lol.

9. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Heat Shields are fine, but most of them you have to use tacks to put them on like the Varis...I like the type that have the 2 sided tape, so you won't leave a permanent mark.

Mark

10. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

try some clay bar. If it doesn't work, try some gas (make sure you wash the area very good afterwards)

11. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

get some krud kutter from home depot dillute with water to 50/50, try that first
    this will kill wax and not paint so no worries
    I used it to turn my car white again, before my car was leaf piss yerrow.

12. spray some degreaser on the bumper and wash it down after 5-10 seconds ;)