Carbon Fiber Job

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Greg, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

If there is anyone on here that has ever worked with carbon fiber or done any kind of lamination? Has anyone done any extensive fab. work? Do you live in NE Georgia?

If you can say yes, send me a PM.

The company is Elan Motorsports Technologies, and we build the 2007 Champ Car, Panoz Esperante in the ALMS series, Star Mazda, and IMSA Lites.

www.ElanMotorsports.com

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

I know someone who has a lot of experience with working with carbon fiber. Undortunately I haven't seen him in almost a year because he's co-oping and studied abroad over the summer. I know he had a major hand in carbon fiber molding for the gt offroad team.

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

If you get a hold of him, pass the word

4. OZrally

OZrally Member

Are they hiring?

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

um... yes :)

6. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

when i was in college, built a solar powered vehicle modelled the subframe and layup fibers for the shell and embedded solar cells. My thesis is embedding fiberoptics in composite materials to detect internal delamination.

The itch never stops when laying up fiberglass - notthe most fun thing to do

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

Thats a pretty cool idea for composites. Too early/late to patent the idea?

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

Its already being done, we are actually developing a way now to use composites for wiring loom. Mainly on race bikes, it will eliminate the birds nest of wires under the body work.

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

bump

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

bump

11. Greg

Greg Active Member

We still have a few positions available for anyone who is interested, here are a few pictures of the shop, and few projects (GTLM Panoz Esperante, 2007 Champ Car, and Star Mazda pictured)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  12. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Do you need a company Chef?

13. Demo24

Demo24 Member

those all carbon jobs or others as well?

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Mainly composite, but we have a few fabrication jobs available. We also own Chataeu Elan and we do have some positions available over there, maybe cooks, not sure... I'll check today

15. Greg

Greg Active Member

bump

16. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

need anyone with a finance degree?

17. Brian

Brian Active Member

Man, that's such a cool job. What's the pay like around there?

18. Greg

Greg Active Member

Lets just say average pay is about $16.50 and everything over 40 hours is time and a half. There is as much overtime as you can fit in a week also. There actually may be an opening in the financial/accounting dept. If your interested, let me know and I'll talk to some people and get you a number to call

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  19. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I dont graduate till May, but sure, if you think there is a possibility that would be great. Let me know what you can dig up!

20. Greg

Greg Active Member

bump