carpet advice needed

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by schneid, May 6, 2009.

1. schneid

schneid Member

Hello, I'm buying a home and it needs new carpet. lawrenceville area.

recommendations?

thanks.

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

home depot.....

199.00 install for the whole house!!

3. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

dayum...really!? thats cheaper than i thought

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

hardwoods. carpet gets gross (unless its for a bedroom)

putting in 1,000 ft^2 of maple soon

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

How much are you getting it for?

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Only problem with hardwoods is if you have pets... You'll be sweeping 3 times a week.

7. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Lol were installing hardwoods soon too. It'l work for me cause my wife has OCD...she sweeps vaccums once a day lol

8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

1/2" engineered maple, $2.40/sqft IIRC. birch backing

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

Hardwood, or tile. I've sold/installed flooring for 4+ years. Carpet is the only flooring that I WILL NOT install myself

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

my house has hardwoods in the kitchen and downstairs half bath. its retarded. ripping up all the 3/4" oak and replacing it and putting tile in the kitchen and slate in the downstairs bath.

jake are you any good at installing engineered floors? not sure if you'd be interested in helping me. I'd throw some $$ your way

11. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Another vote for hardwoods. We had 1500sqft of red oak hardwoods installed before we moved in and love it. We have a cat, and it does require a good bit of cleaning/sweeping. But we purchased one of these http://www.sanitairevacuumsales.com/sanitare/3683.htm and it is awesome. Makes cleaning the floors easy.

12. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Excel Carpets had great prices and great products. They were much cheaper than homedepot and lowes on the same carpet. The $199 deal at HD is only for installation on top of their infalted carpet prices.

http://www.excelcarpet.com/

13. schneid

schneid Member

thanks everyone.

the home I am negotiating a contract on has nice hardwoods in entry, hallway, and kitchen. carpet in bedrooms and living rooms. just the way I like it. however I do not like it that the previous owners cat used said carpet as one big makeshift litterbox

14. schneid

schneid Member

funny story, bank mistakenly replaced all carpet and repainted the entire interior of the home..at no cost to me. closing in a couple weeks. so when monopoly says "bank error in your favor" maybe this is what they are talking about? ha ha

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sounds like a good deal!

16. FACE

FACE Active Member

thats great...now you may choose to put Hardwood in select rooms ;)