CC Fraud Alert!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Strayen, May 12, 2008.

1. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Well my main CC just got shut down by BoA for fraud alert and there were several charges from all over the world on it. Good thing they caught it fast and were on top of it and I'm not losing any money. However, I have been purchasing a lot of things lately but 1 company stands out. I recently purchased my car headunit from Cartronix.com and prior to them, my purchases were made through Paypal and other big companies. Since that purchase on the 9th, I hadn't spent any money online and only on gas and lunch. I think their site and database has been compromised and anyone thinking of purchasing from them should be careful.

The company isn't a fraudulent company, because my headunit is waiting for me at UPS, but their online system and/or their network might not be very strong and your CC info could get stolen. I have emailed their customer service because they didn't pick up the phone and it went to voicemail.

-Russell

2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

thanks for the heads up!! glad you got your situation under control asap!

3. techlord

techlord Active Member

Bro sorry to hear that a good friend at work told me today that someone tried to charge 8K to his card. Luckily they denied and called to verify.

4. schneid

schneid Member

wierd timing, BOAs website is failing right after I enter my pw. roommate tried his account (credit card) on boa and his did the same thing.

anyone else?

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I bought some new headlights from a dude on nasioc (V7 bugeyes), and paypal called me within 15 minutes to see if I had authorized that charge

color me impressed, and I absolutely fucking hate paypal

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Strange...glad you caught it!

7. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

there has been text messages going around here from cali saying that they are from a local bank here saying that there is something wrong with your acct. and they give you a number to call and it wants a debt or cc.