CDL school

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by knhtrdr, Nov 30, 2006.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Well, Ive made to my last week I can double clutch and downshift a 9 and 10 speed. but my ultimate test is Saturday when I go to the dds(dmv) to get them. I have 101 things to remember, Then actually parking, then on road driving.:eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes: hopefully I get it on my first try!

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

good luck bro!!! :bigthumb:

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

+1 good luck!!

4. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Thanks Guyz!

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

g'luck Fareed! i know you'll do good...you're a good driver dude.;)

6. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

good luck man, im sure you'll do well

7. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I didnt pass the first time cause I wasnt confident enough in myself and got fustrated when things started to go wrong that I could correct with just one pull up(one point) but instead I over corrected and made things worse losing more points. Its all good though cause I can go an take it again without the stress and nervousness I had before. I know the stuff like the back of my hand just have to apply it. :hs:

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

Everyone with a CDL where my wife works took multiple tries to get their CDL's. She managed to get it 1st try, but it's not easy.

9. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Best of Luck to you Fareed!!.

Mark

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

11. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

I remember when I took my walk-around, driving skillz, and road skillz test. I was a mess too. I really dont know why either.
    Id been a DOT auditor for well over 2 years, and knew how to drive a truck long before I went to get my license. In fact, I didnt know how to double clutch, I always float the gears. So, on the road test I just threw my foot up on the clutch and faked it!
    The walk around should have sent me home, but the guy let me slide. the rest was a cake walk.

Good luck.

Oh, careful bout that double clutching out in the real world, some employers dont like it too much, some do.

12. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

13. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

lol I didnt make it to the road test!
    the trucks I've been driving ya cant fake the double clutch but there is a automatic at the dmv for you to take the test in.

14. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Got that right my class mate didnt pass the pre trip eithier, if you dont do the brake test or call all the brake chambers on all wheels its automatic faliure but they will still let you do range driving. but not road all depends on the instructor @ dmv

15. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

an AUTO!? Wow. My skills, and road tests were in a ragged out 10 speed freightliner w/ a 53' box.
    From what you say it sound like the pre-trip/walkaround is a bit tougher here in GA.

16. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

whoa!! my hats off to ya on that. It is but even harder in Tenn. they have 2hundred and somethin things to remember. Hard enough to remember 125.

17. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I got em Today!!!!! wooohoooo!!! thanks for tha support!!

18. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

You got your CDL?

19. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yessir!! I start training with Convenant Transportation on wed. will be in training for 30-40 days with some home time in between then off into the 48 states and canada on regular routes. I will be team driving with one of my classmates. should be bringing in a pretty good salary after traning.

20. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Congrats Fareed...Way to Go!!!.

Mark

21. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

awesome, congrats on that

22. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Thanks! when they assign me a truck gonna put wrxatl on the driver side window!

23. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Very cool! Good luck with things. I had an old police Sgt of mine that did team driving. He made decent cash.

24. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Thanks! I will be doin the team thing also. Drove a 53' today that thing is huge compared to a regular 40-48 footer