Chance of a rare sighting for anyone in the area

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by Ava, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Ava

Ava Member

First and for most, let me go ahead and tell you that I am in noway trying to promote other car!!!!

While I am and have always been a Subaru lover; and how high my STi ranks among the top of the list of my favorite cars, I must mention my Numero Uno, the skyline R34 GTR. I had the pleasure of seeing a couple of them (within a showroom distant) while I visit Asia and had the pleasure of driving a R33 GTS 2 months ago.

I help my buddy today to shop for a new car as I got a call from John Kokotan (the ex-owner of the R33). His buddy was coming into town from Mississippi with his R34 GTR. He is planning to sell the skyline to some guy up in Alpharetta. Therefor, if you're in/around the area of Alpharetta tomorrow, especially the corner of Medlock bridge and State bridge, you may have a chance to spot a black Nissan Skyline R34 GTR. Just wanna give you a heads up if anyone was interested...sorry if i'm violating some kind of rule in mentioning another type of car...just figure it's an opportunity to see something rare... :eek:hnoes:

2. jayj713

jayj713 Member

if we spot it can we drive it :p

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

the skylines are freakin amazin.

4. from mississippi hmm must be kendall. Hes ahd a few of them...theres like 4 or 5 running around here and a fairladyZ and a couple of RHD Type Rs. South Ms has turned into the Imported car state....

5. slizan99

slizan99 Member

it was kendall. he's trying to seel the r34 to one of the owners of club corners car wash.

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Everyone get your camara phones ready... Someones gotta get a pic of this thing!!!

7. Is it the white or blue one?

8. Ava

Ava Member

it's a black one, the blue is a spec V that he had on his website. Dang! we should have added this item to the scavenger hunt? =)

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

you are not violating any rules... i myself am a big fan of the skyline... we have a few evo owners on these boards too...

this is primarily an auto enthusiasts forum... post up about any cool cars :)

10. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

oooh I want pics!! skylines are very sexay

11. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

from where im from skyline are plenty and they are all tuned to the max.

cam phone
    [​IMG]

12. Ava

Ava Member

lucky dog! I was impressed with the R33 GTS that I drove, but to drive an R34 GTR spec V is on my "things to do before you die" list. =)

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Mmm, imma need a pic of this.

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I've driven teh GTS and it was SLOW to me.

However I have connections to guys that import street legal Skylines. They have a GTS for under 30K and a GTR R33 (I think its R33) built to 600 hp for 60K.

15. 2LateV8

2LateV8 New Member

What Ava failed to mention was that I drove it. Very sweet. Smoothest power delivery in recent memory. It is indeed Kendall, emstraumajunke. Pics of the car are on his site: http://www.fast4wheels.com/index2.htm. 2nd car down.

16. Ava

Ava Member

2LateV8 = Pete or Leslie?

17. 2LateV8

2LateV8 New Member

It's me, brother. Pete.

18. Ava

Ava Member

You know, I started this link with the title "life's not fair...rare sighting of an r34" and started complaining about you and your missie getting to drive it, but i'd figured it'd be too much info on the forum. Congrat on your new baby man! she's going to rock!! Everyone just watch out for an s2k around roswell area, you'd probably hear the tire squalling and a really loud exhaust system before you see him, dude is a maniac on the road. However, down twistie that's our (subies) turf buddy! Congrats nonetheless! =)

19. 2LateV8

2LateV8 New Member

Thanks! Lookin forward to the next multi-club meet.