Check out my new ride!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Meredith, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Meredith

Meredith Banned

[​IMG]

Well just for a few days, it belongs to my boss; he's driving brian's S2k. Man this car is sooooo heavy and slow. Compared to the S2K, it's a different world. So if you see a tan S70 volvo waving at you, it's me!

2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

volvo. should have kids in the back seat :)

3. I'll loan you my car seats if you like. :rofl: :rofl: :ugh:

I actually did have a volvo for a while. I should have kept it. Turbo RWD of course. Before they were Fords

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u gonna paint those rims pink?

5. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Actually looks better.....

Attached Files:

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

volvos are good cars..id still take the s2k over it though

7. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea keith i bet your protege5 would look good with kids in the back seat too :rofl:

8. lostinthewoods

Get in Son =>

[​IMG]

9. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yes daddy

10. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

heh... and I have been driving the STi this week. Is it normal to go from a full tank of gas to 2/3 tank of gas in 40 miles?

--
    Brian

11. BelvnAWD

Yeah, when your constantly in boost and doing stoplight runs to 90mph....

I think the quote from the maggie valley challenge was, " Its got too much torque..."

:hsnono:

12. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Brian, if it makes you feel better I burned about 1/4 of a tank just playing around up and down a mountain near Helen on monday. Couldnt have been more than 20 miles of driving.

13. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Yeah, I had it in boost for most of my commute. It is addicting.

The extra torque takes time getting used to, but if I shift to second before taking hard turns and flooring it, it seems to fix the issue I was having with oversteer :) At the subaru challenge I found that 1st gear is the wrong gear to put your foot down on in a tight turn, and found that the car ended up pointed the wrong way. The s2k would have been fine with it, as the vtec powerband is so much different than boost coming on at 3.5k.

Nevertheless, I think that the s2k is sold and it is time to move on.

--
    Brian

14. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Uh oh, do I smell a legacy gt spec b? lol. Just kidding.

15. Meredith

Meredith Banned

well there is a child's seat in the car, but it's one of the most souless cars i've ever driven. i think my dad's accord has more pick up.

16. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I got a video of a volvo wagon with 35 psi pumping into the stock block (getaway in stockholm dvds hehe). And there are some other ones around, you can do amazing things with them if you are patient.

17. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

turbo volvo's can be fast. I think there used to be a guy here locally that ran a turbo volvo that was pretty fast. GRM has a nice article on the turbo wagons in this month's edition (Nov.05)

18. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yeah, you can make a Volvo go fast if you want... the 5-cylinder engine takes a lot of abuse.

Last time I was back in Sweden, I got a ride in a turbo 850 that was "slightly" modifed, but still on the stock long block. Had to get out of 3rd before the guy could actually floor it, took it up to 165 or so and it was quiet and comfortable like a damn limo... very little wind noise, and the car had plenty left in it. When I move back there, I might go for one of those... :bowdown:

My brother has a friend who has gotten 1000+ hp out of an S60 too. :eek:hnoes:

19. lostinthewoods

So when will brian be gettin his Evo? I sense an evo before the month is over

20. Meredith

Meredith Banned

soon :). I think my boss is sold on the s2k.

21. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

We will see :) If the s2k is sold, then I might have something new in the garage on saturday...

--
    Brian

22. lostinthewoods

Woo Hoo.... The Drama begins :)

23. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

btw: What is an evo?

;)

--
    Brian

24. BelvnAWD

Talk about a family rivalry!!!

25. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

You guys will be like Val and Tray.

26. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

:drama:

27. Meredith

Meredith Banned

ok so my boss can't get the s2k right now, just did some home improvement. Any takers?
    pics at http://mere.darg.net