Choke

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by FTZ, Dec 26, 2008.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I watched Choke last night, and have to say it was an excellent movie.

Choke is an adaptation of a book written by Chuck Palahniuk (writer of Fight Club) about a sex-addicted con-man who pays for his mother's hospital bills by playing on the sympathies of those who rescue him from choking to death.

I read Choke years ago after reading Fight Club and a bunch of other books by this author, long before Fight Club was made into a movie. The adaptation of Choke into a movie is fantastic and captures all the major points of the book.

I highly recommend anyone who liked Fight Club to check out Choke once the DVD is released.

Also, on a side note, from looking at wikipedia, it looks like there are plans to turn 2 more of his books into Movies over then year or so. Sweet:drool:

2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

+1...Great movie. I need to read the book.

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, I hope they don't do Invisible Monster. It was a good read but I don't actually want to see some of those characters.

4. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I loved the book, but this is the first good review of the movie I've read. I'll still check it out someday.

6. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I have never read the books, but I thought the movie was alright. There were hilarious parts, but all in all I didn't think it was worth the $10 to see it in theaters.

7. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I have it. Next time we meet up I will bring it.

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Never heard of it... I'll have to check it out. Went and saw Yes Man and The Day The Earth Stood Still over the past few days, both decent... Really want to see The Spirit...