Classic Subaru in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by AirMax95, Mar 28, 2007.

1. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Well, as some of you may know (Milo, Alex, Matt), my WRX took a small poop on me last week. It blew 2 coolant hoses and needed to be towed. Usually I would have towed it to SOG for the work, but I had a credit voucher from Classic on file. Needless to say, being out of warranty, it went to Classic.

Was I sceptical, YES!!!

Honestly though, they did a DAMN GOOD JOB!!! They replaced all the hoses, detected a faulty radiator cap, changed my plugs, belts, tranny/diff fluids and a few other things that I cant remember. They called before they did anything, was very polite, and washed my car (good wash too)!

I know of the disbelief at Classic, beacuse that is where I bought my car and how I recieved my credit voucher. Things have really changed up there for the better. I am no longer afraid of taking my car there for service.

BIG SHOUT OUT to KINGWREX for fixing my DP and midpipe noises! No more Metal-on-Metal!

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

my buddy ankur took his car to classic last week and requested that steven (kingwrex) work on the car... he kept in touch with us throughout the process and took good care of the car... i can also attest to the quality of the wash :bigthumb:

thanks steven

3. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

thanks guys!!!

4. andy251203

andy251203 Member

OMG, could your radiator hose problems be related to that zero sports cap that was put on your car at the install day?

5. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Very possible, I removed it! I am looking into getting Samco Hoses throughout the car. I put the stock cap on before I took it to Classic. The OEM one tested bad also, so.......:eek:hnoes:

6. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am glad that things went well for you.

Mark

7. stiKILLA

stiKILLA Member

I will have no problem having Steven work on my Legacy GT. Its also really close to the house, which helps out. They offered me a rental car when I was dropping the car off. When it was getting checked the first time, they offered to grab me something to eat. Cool guys in my book!!

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

hmm, weird. yeah i knew that cap would cause trouble. now we know. like i told you tho, i have heard of the plastic end tanks (top and bottom) on our radiators being very weak and cracking and/or exploding. Which is why you see lots of WRX's and STi's with upgraded radiators...

9. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Review:
    Ok, i had a little issue with a CEL. i posted up asking for anything good about Royal, anything. And i got nothing i felt uncomfortable with that. So, i made the trek north to Classic Subi and Cadi.
    I checked my car in with Matt, a cadi guy, and asked him a few questions. he did have all that much to offer, but he called Steven out from the back. it was funny, i hear Matt saying, no you don't need to wash your hands, to the steven on the phone. so i met KingWrex, Steven, and told him i was a poo-nanny and didn't feel right having just anyone look at my car. So Steven made me feel all warm and fuzzy and told me no worries. i had a few things going on with the car, some warranty and some just maintenance.
    Matt called me at work about 1.5 hrs. later and gives me with the scoop. they had to order a sensor, it'll be in at 3 yada yada yada... Just like they said, they got her back to together by the time i showed up after work. the brakes feel great, no pulsating and just buttery smooth again. and he fixed the CEL that magically went out the morning i was bringing it in. King even found the nalgene water bottle i lost, it was under my seat. again, sorry for that Steven. he thought he had another Invidia exhaust banging under my car. glad it was the bottle under my driver's seat, and i'm sorry you had a time trying to figure it out. i do appreciate Steven looking into the noise, though. AND they even washed the car. i don't mean sprayed water on it and dried it off, i mean they vacuumed the inside, they put on tire shine, it looked great.
    long story short, for those of us who just can't make it all the way out to duluth, classic subaru is a great equal to SoG for service.
    KingWrex made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, just what i'm looking for from my service department, no matter where i go. i hope the beer stayed cold for you until after work.
    i hope this helps out a few folks on the boards in trying t decide where to go for service in Atl.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thanks steven for making everyone's experience at classic a good one

11. kingwrex

no problem at all. i love working on suby's, and am happy to help out.

12. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

+1 for ya Steven. Anytime I've been at an install where he's shown up, he's ALWAYS jumped right in and
    helped. He's a great guy and a great addition to the board.

:hug:

13. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

:pssh:

14. kingwrex

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15. Brian

Brian Active Member

Anyone know about Tom @ Classic?

16. kingwrex

tom has worked on subaru for like 22 years. tom was my mentor and still helps me if i run into anthything i am not sure about. he is a great guy.

17. Doug

Doug New Member

Well it sounds like Classic has got it together in the Service Dept.
    I'm still going to take the LONG drive to SOG for sales, and service too if I'm in the area.
    SOG Rocks...........Now if they could just work on the wash.
    Howdy SS

18. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Yeah, the wash's there are trash (sorry for the honesty).

19. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Steven, just met two of your co-workers last night in my apt. complex while washing the STI. I didn't catch their names but I think they detail the new cars prior to customer delivery. One of them drives a red pick-up truck.... Cool guys!

20. kingwrex

:wavey: hello. im pretty sure i know who you are talking about. what apt. complex do you live in

21. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ Used to be called Amli, its Jazmine or something else now(hard to keep up, they've been bought out about 4 times)... Its behind to QT right next to your dealership.

22. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I used to live @ AMLI at Barrett Lakes in Kennesaw. Did AMLI get bought out?.

Mark

23. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

No, I think just mine did... I've seen a few up in Alpharetta recently.

24. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

Quick review of my Classic experience. Just took my car in for the 30,000 service. And all I can say is...FANTASTIC! Ashley did an awesome job of scheduling and Steven did an awesome job on the service. I had voiced concern of dropping the car off and not having transportation. Ashley jumped on that and hooked me up with a car for the day, even though I eventually didn't need. Another problem I had was a broken stud on the right rear. As we all know, the services are not cheap. And my budget didn't allow the replacement charge. Classic went ahead and replaced the stud at no charge (thanks to Steven for finding the time to do this!). Now don't go thinking that all of you can get !*&# done for free!. This was just that extra mile that makes owning a Subaru worth while. As I said, FANTASTIC!

I know this probably sounds a little over the top for just a regular service. I had been out having some drinks, so I was typing drunk.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  25. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

That's really good to hear!