Climbing Comp in Charleston

Discussion in 'Sports' started by clemsonscooby, Mar 27, 2007.

1. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Congrats to you and the wife!

She may be out-climbing you before long. ;)

3. clemsonscooby

I was a little upset, because she did finish a route that I couldn't, but I had only tried it after having climbed for four hours earlier.

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

congratulations to both of you

(but more to her since she finished first :p)

5. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I did that comp last year!
    Nice to have an outdoor facility for comps this time of year huh?

If you are ever in the atlanta area, PM me, I go climbing all the time.

6. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

SubiNoobi. where you climb at?
    I have all my gear and would love to get out!!

7. lostinthewoods

Nice pics clemsonscooby.

What kind of ratings where those climbs?

Very cool man...

So do yall climb outdoors? trad, sport, top rope??
    I need to get on the rock. Been a few years and I have lost the skills :)

8. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I usually go on sundays to either sand rock or foster falls. I'm a sport climber (no rack, yet) so I stick to bolts mostly, but if you have a rack I need to get out to T-wall

9. lostinthewoods

I have a average rack of Cams, stoppers etc... It has been a while since I have climbed, so I would have to get my butt back into gear for climbing trad. Not sure if I would want to do any lead climbing, specially trad right now.. I need some sport stuff and top rope.

10. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I would love to give climbing a try, so if you guys get something together, let me know. Even if I don't climb, I'll just watch.

11. clemsonscooby

I am definitely down for some outdoor climbing. I have been mostly stuck in the gym, because of a lack of equipment and people that I know that do it. Clemson has an awesome gym, because its a Nicros ART wall. I am planning on going to Linville Gorge April 13-15 for some climbing. I wouldn't mind just bouldering at this point if I had some pads to borrow, as there are a lot of great spots in N.C.

We can plan a weekend trip for some outdoor stuff... The wife and I would definitely be down.

The routes that I was climbing were all 5.9a-d. I am not used to climbing on a 50ft. wall, so I had to scale back on the difficulty. I normally am a 5.10a-d climber on a 30ft. wall. It was lots of fun though. Very enjoyable since it was outside, but I lived there in the summer and would not enjoy it as much if it was the normal 90+ with 100% humidity.

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have a friend from back home that got really into climbing. He built his own indoor climbing wall in his garage. It was pretty cool. I wouldn't be surprised if he was at the event. Do you have an entry list of participants?

13. clemsonscooby

No I do not have the entry list. I am waiting for USAC to post the results on the SCS webpage.

I built a free standing handboard (Metolius) and campus board (H.I.T. System) in my garage. I even put caster wheels on it so I can roll it in and out when I want to work on the car.

14. lostinthewoods

Thats funny about the home walls. I all ready told the wife I wanna put a bouldering wall in the backyard :) along with a nice Zip Line

We will see how that goes...

15. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

He had an unattached garage with a loft above. It was a really nice wall with some nice overhangs. He spent a good $10,000 if not more for all the holds and everything. He also made it so he could easily change the routes around. It was lots of fun.