close call

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by xjenjenx, Oct 22, 2005.

1. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

so i was at the intersection of pleasant hill rd and buford highway around 2 in the morning. i'm waiting to turn left onto buford highway and a duluth cop rolls up next to me :ugh: ... u know the duluth cops are freakin intimidating :hsnono: . i wasnt doing anything wrong and i was stopped at a light and i was still scared... but anyways, my light turns green so i start to turn. then the car in front of me on the opposite side starts to go too! :eek4: i start honking and he is coming at me so i'm freakin out a little and then he realizes what he was doing so he stopped in the middle of the road and lets me go and then he just goes. its still a red light for him! :dunno so the guy almost hits me and runs a red light right in front of the duluth cop. :rofl: then all i see are the blue lights making a u-turn to go get the guy. what a crazy driver!
    :hsnono:

if the cop didnt go then i would have been pissed. actually i'm still pissed that the guy almost hit me! :thumbsdow

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Glad ur ok....sounds like the guy was drinking a little...

3. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

thanks. well, if he was under the influence the cop was going to find out.

4. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah i hate driving late on the weekends. i'm thinking that half of the drivers out at that time are drunk or at least under the influence. glad ur okay.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yup... never hurts to be extra careful driving on weekend nights...

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I don't know which is worse... late night weekend drunk drivers or the soccermoms I have to deal with every morning. Thursday morning I was driving to work and saw not one, but TWO, SUVs doing the exact same maneuver: come to an almost complete stop in the road (two lane), swerve out to the left a bit, then make a hard right into a neighborhood while scraping their wheels on the curb... it was painful to watch.

7. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea people like that amaze me, i hate idiots around here...glad your ok and im glad the cop busted his ace!

8. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Yep, I know exactly what you mean by bad and impatient drivers, xjen, I wish I was still in the Air Force, because they don't tolerate that kind of driving on base. Shane knows what I am talking about. There are just too many crazy drivers out there who just don't drive with any common sense.

Mark

9. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Get some hella supertones, bound to wake any drunk out of his alcohol induced stupor.

Glad you are alright! :)

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

glad nothing happened. Atlanta is notorious for drunk drivers :(

11. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I bet that cop was getting off in his car when he noticed the driver doing that hahaha
    LIKE OOH OHH I GET TO USE THE NIGHT STICK!
    *radio* GUYS GET OVER HERE!!!
    ya I need help lol