Cloverfield

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by BelvnAWD, Jan 10, 2008.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809873032/video/5200943/

The new expanded trailer. I would like to see this...

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

me too.

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

is this the one where the preview looks like blair witch meets transformers??? they are at some party and stuff starts blowing up? I've got mixed emotions about this one....if I'm talking about the right movie of course!

4. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

yea this is that movie trailer that was on before transformers,
    i was pretty excited when i first saw it, now im getting mixed feelings but im still going to see it

5. Weapon

yup right movie but its not a transformer its a
    [​IMG]

6. Eco Auto Clean

well I spent $ on transformers so I guess I can go ahead and see this too..lol

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

i thought it looked an aweful lot like someone remaking a Godzilla movie

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Monster louse? Oh shit, get out the lice shampoo and kill them all.

9. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

yea thats that i thought too at first

lol it looks like...a giant crab, where did you get that photo?

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

where did u find that? I want to see this movie too, we should have a g2g for its release

11. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

[​IMG]
    yea i googled, cloverfield monster and i found this, gave me a chuckle

12. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

hahahahah zoidberg!

13. Weapon

:rofl: for some reason his lip tenticles make me cringe

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I havent see any thing where it shows the monster(s), does it in this trailer?

15. Weapon

16. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Yea i really want to see this. One more week!

17. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

just got back from seeing it and i must say i enjoyed it. The monster is not what is in that drawing.

18. Deke

Deke Active Member

Lol, that's ashame.

I actually just imdb'ed it (because I don't really care if the monster gets spoiled for me), and there are apparently some images online now.

19. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

This movie is being viral marketed like "Snakes on a Plane", but I'm up for a U.S. GodziRRa like movie.

20. Weapon

you mean there is not any gigantic lice attacking humans... :rofl:

21. heathbar

heathbar Member

I'm seeing it tonight!

22. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

just saw it, that ruled. I feel sick from the handycam view but damn, that rocked

23. heathbar

heathbar Member

I'm surprised they didn't sell the advertisement for that seemingly indestructable camcorder...

If they had mentioned a brand name (like Canon) just once, I would be thinking "Damn, I'm gonna get a canon camcorder when the apocolypse comes!!!" That thing can take a beating and still record an endless supply of chaos.

An intense movie, very entertaining!!!

24. Eco Auto Clean

ill be seeing this movie on Sunday..so I'll be able to see what all the hype is about!

25. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

I saw this last night. It was a sweet movie but if your prone to motion sickness heads up.

26. It was a good movie but my wife and I almost threw up.It was filmed with a shaky shaky cam.I have never had a weak stomach but this pushed me to the edge.

27. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

For real all the stuff it went through

28. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

is the camera better or worse than blair witch?

29. from what I remember this seems a lot worse.I never had to close my eyes or leave the room for Blair Witch.

30. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Just saw the movie and hav to say that I liked it. Crazy Camera; but GOOD MOVIE.

And I believe it could be A lice but it looks like: Anybody on here read the Spawn Comic. The Cloverfield monster looks something like the Violator in Demon form. It did have crazy parasites fallin off of it though.

31. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Cant wait to see it, I'll bring a vomit bag!

32. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I liked the little story behind it and they did a real good job of 'documenting' everything through the camera angle. It was a little gory too, I almost threw up about halfway through. I think it convinced me not to move to New York or any secluded city at that matter

33. kartboy

kartboy Member

This movie sucks!! thats just my humble opinion but i can think of a million things i could wiser use $9 bucks on. I saw it on the release date, if you want advise...do not see it you will be highly dissapointed!

34. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Lol, you can't go in expecting a movie movie. This thing was creativly put together to make the viewers think they are watching a tape found at ground zero of the monster attack. Its not really supposed to make sense because if something like that ever happened nobody would know wtf is going on, they'd just try to survive.

35. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I would go see it again....i hear the last 10 seconds of the movie reveals something that is brought up several times during the movie, possibly alluding to a second (opinion of a friend of mine). I'll bring my Dramamine this time though :)

36. heathbar

heathbar Member

Yeah I heard that too! I'm pissed that I missed it. If you watch it, keep your eyes peeled while they're on the ferris wheel.

37. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

thanks for the heads up, n the reminder about the dramamine

38. Eco Auto Clean

yea so a combination of bad food from cheesecake bistro and this shakey ass camera view...not good for my stomach.I actually had to leave the movie for a few..really didn't care for it much..still nautios..left about an hour ago....

39. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

40. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

I don't really care to see it. It seems like godzilla and blair witch made sexy time and cloverfield happened. I didn't like either of those so I doubt I would this one.

41. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

yungdz, you're opinions are dead on with mine on this one. great movie...genius even in alot of ways.

42. heathbar

heathbar Member

Wow, harsh. I have a hard time imagining it being as intense and interesting without the camera view (granted i wish it was less shakey). It really makes you feel like they're trying to survive and don't really know what's going on or what the monster is.

43. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

was this the monster?
    [​IMG]

or another random picture?

44. Eco Auto Clean

thats not the monster if it will ruin the movie for you by telling you that it is...so no..its not..or is it?

45. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

i think this is the monster:
    [​IMG]

46. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

or this?

[​IMG]

47. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

or this?
    [​IMG]

48. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

LoL this is the monster
    [​IMG]

49. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

yeah that's a spoiler...i love bootlegs...

i thought the movie was awesome