Clutch Fluid - change

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by LoveMyNewSoob, Aug 20, 2014.

1. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Hello everyone,

I am prepearing for an upcoming track day and am giong to need to bleed the
    brakes. While I was doing that, I was going to go ahead and attempt the clutch fluid as well. I can't find any good write ups for th 08+ and was hoping someone could help.

Thanks!

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Should bleed just like the brakes except there's no sequence.

3. Justin V

Justin V Member

I clamped my slave cylinder because it sits somewhere in limbo. By compressing it you eliminate that middle ground where it is not fully locked out.

Also may need to elevate rear of the car so the bleed screw is fully above the cylinder.

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I use a suction device on the slave cylinder to bleed it. Same with my brakes.

I bought this from harbor freight years ago and it has been the best $20 I have ever spent. Some people were very skeptical about it at first but it works great if you have an air compressor.

http://www.harborfreight.com/pneumatic-brake-fluid-bleeder-61912.html

5. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Anyone have a couple of pics and/or some step by step? I am still learning a lot about working on the car, so any additional info helps!

6. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

That thing is awesome, I bought it a while back but used it for the first time the other day. GREAT use of $20.

I just wish my pancake compressor was not so small.

The clutch works JUST like the brakes, if you can bleed your brakes you can bleed your clutch.

7. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

8. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

That thing is good for adding transfluid, but you wont be able to see if you have all the air out because the tubes are not transparent.

With brakes and clutch you need to use a clear tube so that you can see wither or not there are any air bubbles coming out with the fluid.

9. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

yup, I have some clear tube from another setup I bought that was useless- the setup i mean...

10. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Good good.

Just making sure you were on the same page.