Clutch Install Help

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Willsanches, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

Need some advice. I am replacing my clutch and flywheel. While i was getting the old clutch out, my dad was playing with the new one and clicked the throwout bearing into the clutch. I, not knowing they could be seperated with a screw driver, took the retaining ring off of the clip ring thing of the TOB to separate them. Got them apart, put the TOB back together and thought i was good to finish the job.

So then when i got the bell housing bolted back to the motor and tried to push th clutch fork back, the TOB would not clip into the clutch.

Took the trans back off, took out the TOB and the clip ring part (the part that clips to the clutch) was not staying attached to the TOB. SO i squeezed it, to tighten the ring and that kept the ring on the TOB. tried pulling them apart and i couldn't.
    put it all back together and tried again. Still, when i try to push the fork back, the TOB will not click into the clutch.

I am thinking that when i took the ring apart I ruined it somehow. My question is am i missing something that will help me out here? Or is the part that clips into the clutch ruined and can i but just that clip ring without buying a whole new TOB?

Any advice y'all can give me will bw MUCH appreciated because i really really want the third time pulling the trans off the motor will be the last:weaksauce

2. kamikaze

kamikaze New Member

Well i ordered a new clutch kit a few weeks ago for my 02 2.5 and the throw out wont work. I had to use the one that was in it. looked good and just put some lube with graphite in it. your welcome to the new one if you like. i'm not far from kenn. i think they sent me one for the 2.0.

3. orndog

orndog Member

Hey kamikaze (thread hijack), I have an old PDM intake tube from my '03. If you want a louder intake come and get it lol

4. orndog

orndog Member

Ever get that thing installed?