Clutch question

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by STI LOVER, Nov 15, 2010.

1. STI LOVER

STI LOVER Member

So I'm looking to buy a new clutch kit. I use mine as a daily but I want to have a clutch that is made for performance and street traffic. I was thinking of going with a kit from ACT maybe a stage 1 or 2? any suggestions?

2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

here we go again...

Just search for it, we've had this debate at least 100x over the last year, there's a lot of good points made for all points. In the end, just check out people's opinions and see what you category you think you'll most likely fall into.

3. STI LOVER

STI LOVER Member

Oh ok. Thanks.

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

ACT all day long for me.

5. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

People are going to tell you ACT or EXEDY.

Quite frankly the EXEDY stuff sucks and I only know one shop in Atlanta that recommends them.

6. John

John Active Member

One of the shops I use to work in used Exedy. I've never personally had it in any of my vehicles, but I've never heard any complaints from the customers

7. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

I've had ACT clutches in a couple vehicles and don't have any complaints. I'll probably order one for my car in the next week or two.

Here's something you should read. Like others have already mentioned, this topic has been discussed a million times.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775679

8. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

What Subaru shop did you work at

9. I have had nothing but good results with exedy, when they have been properly set up.:wavey:

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

OEM clutch is Exedy and it's pretty dang good. I've installed Stage 1 Exedy's on many Subaru's with zero issues.

I've also install ACT's with zero issues. Depends on what you do with the car and how much power it makes.

On Sti anything < 400 hp and the stock clutch does the job just fine.

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I too, have had good luck with Exedy. Spec sucks at life.

ACT is okay.