Clutch?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by FrankenSTI, Jun 12, 2006.

1. FrankenSTI

FrankenSTI Member

I need to know how to bleed my clutch?

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Pretty much the same way you bleed the brakes.

It takes two people unless you have a speed bleeder.

You have to have a empty container that is half full of brake fluid. One person needs to be in the car and the other outside.

Locate the slave cylinder on top of the transmission. You should see a nut thingy on top of it that may have a rubber boot on it. I think it's a 10mm nut.

You need a clear tube that can fit over the nut and run the tube into the container of fluid.

Now make sure your master clutch cylinder is full.

Have the person in the car fully depress and release the clutch petal 3 times and on the last time have them hold the pedal to the floor (HOLD IT don't let go)

Then you take the 10mm wrench or whatever size it is and loosen that nut a little. You should see some bubbles in the container and see dirty fluid. The clutch pedal will fall to the floor. BEFORE pulling the clutch pedal up you close that nut.

Repeat this procedure of pumping and loosening the nut until you have bled the system and see no more dirty fluid.

*******READ VERY IMPORTANT*******
    The master clutch cylinder tank must always stay full or air will get into the system. After every little bled top the tank off to be safe.
    Also the hose going into the half full container of brake fluid must ALWAYS be in the brake fluid. This will prevent air from being sucked up into the system the reverse way.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

How often is this necessary ooc ?