Cold air intake/Accessport

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Kryptic WRX, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Kryptic WRX

Kryptic WRX Supporting Member

Hope this is where this post goes. I recently purchased a Cobb accessport v3 for my 2014 STI. The maps that are available for cold air intakes is cobbs, aem, and cpf. I have a Process west cold air intake and was wondering if either of these maps would work with my cai. Or if I would need to get a tube specifically for my cai. Thanks for the help.

2. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I wouldn't risk it. I would definitely recommend getting a pro-tune for a CAI that does not have an OTS map from Cobb.

If you do end up getting the tune... Grab some more bolt-ons and make the tune worth it...

You won't see any power gains from a cai, but you would see gains from getting a pro-tune specific to your car.

3. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

Yeah Josh, I would probably agree with Ben. I always hear about people doing it but is it worth the risk. The OTS maps are built to be generic and run rich anyways but risking a blown motor over ~$500 may not be worth it. I'd say start stocking up on the parts that you want and then have a busy install weekend and get a solid tune. BTW I loved the AP, even at stage 1. Throttle response was great.

4. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

You could always shoot Cobb a quick email too to see what they say.