Comcast sets 250 GB Ceiling

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Aug 29, 2008.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Looks like I may be looking for a new ISP in the very near future. I am not sure if I exceed the monthly limit, but if I don't I am damn close.

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Charter ftw.

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

wow that is insane..how do you limit ones downloading?!?!? Are we going to start getting 99 Free Hours of AOL Disks in the mail again now?!?!!? GEEEZ! I mean 250 gigs is a decent size but still..

i use bellsouth but as of right now i wana throw it out the window...shit cuts out way too much...

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

bellsouth (now at&t) removed all the alt. newsgroups from their servers.

so much for net neutrality.

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

well, looks like I'm screwed...the worst part is, Comcast's customer service SUCKS...along w/ there actual service, actually.

Shit...I have over 3 TB of HD space on my computer, and w/ 1080p HD movies running 8-10 gigs a pop, I'm going to bust that limit in a matter of days. WTF...hurry up AT&T and finish your optical plan...

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

orrrr. get charter.

7. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Shouldn't make any difference for us. Transferring 250GB over the web is a shit ton! It may improve our speeds because they'll be able to kick people off that are using it for God knows what. What are you guys doing where you're worried about this? Are you downloading these 8-10GB movies once a day???

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

This is what I am waiting for. As an employee, I get a discount. The U400 Uverse package, and the High Speed Internet for about $70 per month, with 1 HDDVR and 2 Regular DVRs.

I pay about $120 per month now, with basic digital with 1 HDDVR and high speed.

Uverse just isn't available at my house yet.:crying:

9. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

the gay part is that they said it will only affect less than 1% of their customer base.

really? then why fucking do it?

the answer is obvious. as streaming services, movie downloads, and big media gain popularity, 250GB won't really be that much. this PERFECTLY sets them up for tiered access limits in about 5 years.

fuck you comcast.

10. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

They are shooting themselves in the foot, over the long-term this kind of decision will not help their business.

Too bad charter isn't available in my area, the only two real choices are comcast and at&t. I have comcast at home and at&t at work. Comcast's customer service (while not outstanding) was FAR superior to AT&T.

AT&T kept telling me that I had service, but they hadn't even turned it on properly, that and ALL of their customer service reps had NO CLUE what the hell was going on. I had to threaten to cancel my service just to get service in the first place.

11. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Don't forget the fact that companies like NBC will not share any of their revenue with the ISP; for the amount bandwith required to pipe content, like the olympics, to its customers.

12. 07Ltd#767

THat's because they like more dick than a slut on roids...it's like throwing a hotdog down a hallway, they're greedy SoB's that don't realize the 'future' aspect of profits...they live for the moment, which is why they'll never succeed...

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

14. 07Ltd#767

wow...i don't remember saying that last night, I guess that means it was a good night?