Commerce March 24

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by rolling_trip, Mar 22, 2006.

1. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

I will be getting tuned early that friday morning, and am planning on heading to the strip later on. I know its short notice, but ayone care to go?

2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Gonna let me drive your car at the strip for my birthday present :)

3. rolling_trip

i might, just don't bring your wife out............she's mean:wtc:

4. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

chris i got class or i would come on out. keep us posted on your times.

5. lostinthewoods

Chris, your going to be like a kid in a candy shop on METH :)

6. rolling_trip

so you coming out?

7. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

this friday?? hmm, ill see whats going on

8. lostinthewoods

I might. have to check with my slave driver. I am suppose to be tearin up wood floors and tile all day.

9. rolling_trip

i have some baby powder at the house i will lend you, for your pimp hand:rofl:

10. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

boy!

i plan on being out there myself. First run since the dp-back

11. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

dang i would go man but my buddy went last friday and said it was so crowded he got 2 runs in all night. he got there at open too.

12. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

sounds fun.
    I won't be able to make it though.

Keith, time to go break that clutch in.

13. Mad Mallard

mannnnn... the weather shall be awesome... high 40s

14. rolling_trip

you going to run interference for me again when i break 12's with no helmet :D

15. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I want to go to one of these after i get tuned!!! you only need a helmet if you run 12's and faster?.....any other safety related things i need to know? for a car running in the 14's ?

16. rolling_trip

actually if you get in the 13's you need a helmet.

17. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

come on 12's

18. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I don't think....I'll have to worry about it then.....if I even get into the 13's it'd be worth the price of admission....:ddirty:

19. Mad Mallard

my dad is bringing the 'Cuda. He should have a helmet to loan for a run or two. :)

20. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

you have to be wearin pants

21. I might come out...I just hate when its really crowded up there.

22. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I might come out and hang, don't have the rex anymore, but it would be good to see some old faces...

23. Mad Mallard

i think it'll be cold enough that you'll want to wear pants anyways...

24. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Working :( how bout next friday too???? actually any friday in april will work. Definetely want to go while its chilly.... Allready bean planning, want to get there way early in the day to avoid traffic and be in line when they open. Only got 3 runs in last time....

25. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

if you race they make you wear pants or you cant race...you also have to wear closed shoes, no sandles.

scott i hope you can drive better than me. I hit a 15.0 as best time haha that was out of 2 runs and i false started my other.

26. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I'm working till 9pm so I don't think I'll want to come out that late. I'm probably not going to drag my car until I get a new clutch, which should be in less than a month since I am finally working!

27. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

i will go along to watch, i was plannin on headed up that way to the lake anyways that night

28. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You should wear pants anyway, no one wants to see your pale calfs :eek:

29. rolling_trip

that would be a lesson i already learned, trust me it is enforced

30. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea right!:wiggle:

31. jt money

haha chris i remember that and then you left to get pants and they didnt want to let you in. lol the good ol days. keep us posted on your times.

32. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I'm sure it'll be kinda rough the first couple times out:rofl: When my parents come down in June they want to head up there that first Friday and possibly watch me run so.....I need to get some practice in first, My parents are both ex-drag racers....I just hope my mom doesn't get the itch and want to run me with their supercharged GTP....it would suck to loose to your mom....she was really good back in the day!!!...and I know my Dad would have some surprises for me under that hood...:eek:hnoes:

33. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

lol thats awsome.....

post times guys!

34. jt money

i can tell you this scott if your rents are ex-draggers w/ a gtp your done. lol seriously if you need some help with the launch i can help ya. i got 200+ drag launches (@ the track)under my belt. the only reason i say your done is if they have a pulley and some exhuast or some em the have a slightly faster car. if they brake boost from the line they will have you on the launch and let me tell you playin catchup sux in the rex. its all about the launch!

35. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

alright chris...post some times dood.

36. lostinthewoods

yes times are good

37. Mad Mallard

they shut down half the track due to 'high winds' and were only running 1/8.

38. I sold my GTP for my WRX and I think the rex is a much more capable car....dont think many would argue against that. Yeah...now Scott, since you dont have EM yet and I'm sure they have swapped out that pulley to a smaller size....you probably would get OWNED BY YOUR PARENTS....LOL...HA HA HA....just messin with ya....but seriously she would pull on ya. :)

39. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah that thing pulls pretty hard.....taken it out for some "test" runs when i was back home last time....:naughty: ..they have an exhaust and intake already...so there was some lag on the supercharger...a pulley and/or EM would take that out....He tried to get some EM from SLP but they kinda gave him the run around....now if they drive down the 74 Nova...it over..:wtc:

sorry for the threadjack but no one's posting times so......

40. Mad Mallard

well, i dunno if chris will because we only got 1/8 times

41. jt money

yeah what the hell is that. it was so windy they only ran 1/8th mile? that weird.

42. Mad Mallard

we are considering never returning to commerce. The crowd that that place draws is just more and more ass-like every time I go.

They don't know race ettiquitte (pre-stage turns,) they're rude. the staff is slower than the 7 day shi!@#, the gate takes an hour to let 15 cars in , it takes tech 30 minutes to do 10 cars, if one lane needs some cleanup, they shut down both.

They tried to DQ me while I was in pre-stage trying to build boost up (because the jerk in the other lane staged immediately before i even got up there...)

As i was wrapping up my night in the parking lot with my dad, these guys side-swiped one of the trash can drums. It fell over & made a loud noise, and they slammed on the brakes, but then just drove off...

I don't think i'll return...

43. Yeah...I have had a bad experience with their staff and never a good one with the staff.

44. Mad Mallard

I haven't been home yet to compare my timeslips to my last few runs, but I will post later tonight.

There was a cool looking GC8 that was there...

45. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

commerce is so terrible, they really need to get there butt in gear or they will be without a crowd to race for.

46. Mad Mallard

okay. I have DP back random tech with cats, everything else stock.

before
    1/8 time 10.92 @ 69.34

Now since friday
    1/8 time 9.58 @ 72.55

I dropped an entier 1.3 seconds off my 1/8 time....

I run this through a few online calculators and they all say I'm scraping the top of 14sec in the 1/4. :D

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  47. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

not to s habby.....i need to go to silverdollar and see if i can do better.

48. Mad Mallard

... well sorry none of you guys are impressed, but I'm happy. I beat up a cobalt ss and a 5.0 mustang that night. And i havent even done the UP yet. :D

49. jt money

thats awesome that you cut off that much time. is cause you can break boost now?

50. Mad Mallard

yeah, i got a good launch at around 8lbs, but i've gotten it to 10 before at a stoplight, so i know theres more.

Pop was at the lamps to tell the guy to give me a minute to finish my pre-stage boost building(cause they were hurrying me all night, jerks), and he said I spun all 4. :)