Community Conversation Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, May 4, 2011.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

That may be the case but if the OP is asking for $4000, he's asking for $4000. He's not asking "Hey, what's the most you'll pay for it?" :)

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Show me a WRXAtl rule that states that we can't make a lowball offer?

Everything I've ever listed was higher than what I would take :wiggle: You never know when someone will bite. And the OP never said no lowball offers.

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

So you pay full price for all the cars you buy.

4. Alex

I think you both just missed the point. But that's alright -- party on. And is there a rule? No, but there probably should be. I personally don't like being inundated with rule after rule after rule, but hey, sometimes they're required. All I have ever asked is that members act with some sort of tact within the community. Rules shouldn't have to exist for that. I've been wrong before and will be wrong in the future I'm sure :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
  5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

There's clearly a lack of respect from certain individuals within this community towards the community. It's a shame that it's come down to that.

6. slowwrx

The rules to buying and selling are simple, if you want to accept the offer do so, if not then don't. No one was making a fuss about it until you guys started I threw an offer out there, he didn't respond which I took to mean NO.

You guys get your panties in a wad for no reason sometimes. I'm honestly not even sure why this conversation is needed.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Man speaks the truth. All the OP had to do was say NO.

You think I got the full $8000 I asked for the bugeye I just flipped. Nope I was lowballed and I sure as heck took it as I was still making lots of money (to a local nonetheless which meant no shipping/delivering).

8. slowwrx

Matt, I really don't care if you are talking about me, Dellete or anyone else in this thread. I truly do not understand why you have to be such a freaking cry baby about everything that goes on. You always have something to complain about, I swear its more annoying than the actual things that you are complaining about.

9. slowwrx

Oh and to the OP I am truly sorry that this has continued in your thread, apparently the moderators in this forum don't know when something should be taken off topic.

10. slowwrx

So thats your answer, as a moderator of this forum you can't see that you or Alex for that matter should have taken this off topic, or moved it somewhere else.

Unbelievable, if anyone else had of continued with this kind of non sense you would have threatened to ban them.

The moderation on this site is unbelievable sometimes.

Unacceptable

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

WTF this have to do with Photos of Bin Laden?

12. Alex

Unacceptable? You have to be out of your god damn mind :) I wouldn't have to answer half the phone calls I do or ask members to give local shops another chance if we all didn't act like we were 13 years old again. Stop acting like children, grow up, and enjoy the interacting with others on this website. Or don't, that's your choice. This conversation is needed because this kind of conversation has not happened yet.

To revisit my original point in that FS thread -- I just find it a bit much to make a low offer as such, publicly. Obviously you don't and that was my point. And finally, just because I think it is incorrect to make such a lower offer publicly does not mean that's the law of the land. I don't ride on some mythical high horse full of panties in a wad here ;)

13. Alex

Obama said no photos. Sorry BrokenWRX :(

14. techlord

techlord Active Member

drudgereport.com has some allegedly
    not sure if its a face shot or not

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Acting like children? Then get off your high horse when the adults who actually have balls and a saq calls things like they are. This isn't directed just at you Alex. But some of y'all whine like pansie vaginas. There are some of us that can talk smack but will get along just fine one way or the other.

16. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Give me the moderator powers and it would be cleaned out in 5 seconds. :rofl:

lol wut

sometimes the shit talking just gets old and irritating, not even funny at a certain point.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  17. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:rofl: pot....kettle...black...

18. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^agree

19. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

Im so lost. I came in here to see pics of a dead pull-start, and now Im confused :(

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It really doesn't matter......

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  21. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Dang, twas expecting to see the same thing!!!! Y'all just killed it for me....Wanted Obama's pics..I meant Osama's pics.

22. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

I hate your opinion 95% of the time, but well said :clap:

You have to be out of your fucking mind to make a post offering less than half of what the OP asked for and expect anyone to believe that you weren't being an ass.

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It's a legit offer. It has almost 200k miles on it and basically needs a rebuild....it burns oil. A faulty diff. The exterior looks like poo.

I was serious.....how you think I got that immaculate exterior and interior bugeye? I lowballed cash offer he bit.

You think I'm out of my mind....so be it. By doing this I'm making money.

24. slowwrx

So lets clear this up right fucking now. My "lowballing" someone in a thread isn't acceptable but your moderation staff and you personally posting all in the OPs thread about my post is acceptable. Really....Really.....I mean seriously what kind of retarded double standard is that.

25. John

John Active Member

can you guys just get along? lol

wow

26. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

no, this needs to be brought to a head. I'm not trying to pick a side one way or another, but I will say that there's a reason I'm no longer a subscribing member on this site...

27. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

The tone of conversation on this forum has most definitely taken a turn for the worse in recent months.

The problem is not limited to a few individuals, although there are a few that tend to instigate problems. Far too often a seemingly innocent thread gets derailed and turned into a pissing match or a "whose side are you on" rant.

This makes the forum far less hospitable than it used to be.

Furthermore this forum is on the internet, but it is not public property to be used or abused however users may see fit. The requests for certain behavior by moderators or admins should be respected regardless of the fairness behind them.

We are all really guests in this house - and if the host asks us to take of our shoes, then we should - even if our shoes are clean.

If a user does not understand what a mod means by "chill out" "behave" or any phrase along those lines, then they should focus their attention on other forums where their behavior is more acceptable.

I do understand Alex's viewpoint, and although I have no issue with any member in particular, I have been less active on the forums because of the pervasive lack of respect and bickering.

28. John

John Active Member

because people can't get along

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Same here.

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No the issue lies in 'favoritism'. Some of us who have been on here nearly since existence are set at stricter standards than some others.

And the mods know EXACTLY who/what I'm talking about. But they turn a blind eye to it yet abuse it themselves and think it's ok.

Lets take a step back and hash out what started todays bs. Ball made an offer on the car. Lowball or not it's an offer. I countered with a higher offer. Alex makes a remark about to which I reply I don't see any rule stating I can't make an offer on the car. It's a public ad and I'll make a public offer if I choose so. Alex and his cohort Matt ensue a crap fest in the dudes thread. Ball and I both apologized for the mess before it got moved.

And to quote My "lowballing" someone in a thread isn't acceptable but your moderation staff and you personally posting all in the OPs thread about my post is acceptable. is exactly what happened. Ball and I both made an offer and that was it. The mods had to add to it posting it all up rather than *gasp* PM'ing us that they would like that to not happen.

It's the double standard from the mods that is a bunch of bs.

Now before anyone else says anything I'll admit....I do stir the pot a lot. I do start stuff a lot. But ANYONE on here that has met me in person will tell you that I get along just fine with anyone in person. I'm an asshole.....lots of us are. I'll call it as I see it. I don't sugarcoat anything. But in the end I'll shake your hand and get along. Shoot there was a time everyone thought Ball and I were gonna get in a fight if we ever met. Same goes for brokenWRX. Ball and I get along just fine....we may disagree and trade words but we are adults and thats what men do. I've never met brokenWRX but I'm willing to bet we would get along just fine in person if we ever cross paths. It's like Drew told me when he finally met me the other day..."Dude you talk a lot of shit, but you are pretty cool and are welcome in our group of assholes any day."

31. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

This community is getting smaller as is, we should really all get along.

32. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

I joined a few months ago...now I feel bad for bringing the forum down. I suck

joking by the way, carry on :argue:. not getting into it cause I dont know whats going on :rofl:

33. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

This really doesn't matter. If a mod asks you to chill, you need to chill - regardless of "favoritism". This is a Subaru enthusiast forum, not an egalitarian internet utopia where everyone is treated perfectly equally.

If you play in the forum, you need to play by the rules, and the rules are made by the mods/admins. The rules could be bat-shit crazy, one-sided, or just plain wrong in your opinion. But you should follow them or go to another forum. On many forums (including this one) one of the many rules is to obey the requests of moderators.

I'll use the house/host analogy again. If you visit a house and the host asks you to take off shoes, you do. This is normal and considered to be reasonable.

However, you go to another house and the host asks you to remove all of your clothing. Crazy? Yes, but you are in his house. You still have a choice, though - play by the rules, or leave.

34. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

I'm sorry for my previous "out of your fucking mind post". I understand now. Anyone that openly complains about favoritism on an internet website that they visit under their own free will..and complains about a rampant problem affecting them and a handful of people..when the other 99% of the other people using the website have no problem. I really feel bad for you

35. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

That is very true of the majority forums out there. I moderate another one and a few times people tend to disregard the rules. This is more of a respect issue. You must respect the rules or else get reprimanded. We have different age aspects, beliefs, opinions, blah blah blah. Big picture is, we're all here to help each other and not tear each other down. If you have an issue with someone, take it offline and resort to PM rather than having the whole world see the dirty laundry. If that doesn't work go higher up in the chain...and worst case, leave and find another way pizza boy.

36. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

why does this come up every quarter? I feel like I'm stuck in a quarterly work meeting where we get to talk about diversity and what it means to me (hint: nothing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_PprhlwfQ

37. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

38. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

relaxing. you guys coming out to formula D?

Cool ___, are you? more than welcome to a beer, I will be bringing plenty. Lots of wrxatl members (and friends) just shooting the shit all day, less elitist than you probably think it has turned into

39. slowwrx

Just got home and saw this......dank it justin you are right. I just don't care anymore

40. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

love to. but I'll be boarding on the lake then shooting guns and drinking beer

41. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

don't leave out hte rest of us

42. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

oh, sorry. we will be boarding.

43. Alex

I don't see a need to quote any one particular post within this thread but I do agree with Drew that it is time we all had a nice little chat about this. I rarely take a soap box stand on the site and I feel absolutely no need to defend myself or my actions on this website. However, I would like to comment on a few points that have been made within this thread.

First and foremost, I apologize to Mark for taking his FS thread off track. I had no intention of that happening but it did and for that I am sorry. I am willing to admit where I am wrong or where I have wronged someone. However, I don't think that applies to anyone posting in this thread. If you feel that I have offended you in anyway then I respectfully request that you call me tomorrow to discuss it. If you do not call, then I will continue to believe that we all just enjoy complaining. Here's my number, (404) 997-2001. Please use it if you need it.

Furthermore, I will continue to say that if there are personal grudges against someone take it to PMs. I hold no grudges against anyone within this thread (or this community for that matter) and I always have my door open and phone on to help anyone that I can or to talk with anyone directly that has a problem. If you have tried to point out a problem with the community recently, then I’ve simply missed it plain and simple. All of us here on the moderation staff are just as busy as everyone else. We volunteer our time to try and help to perform the tasks that no one actually wants to do. I ask that you try again. And of course, there are few things that cannot be settled over a beer. Frankly, that may be what's actually needed to fix this problem.

I've read over the years that some people think that I ask the moderation staff to side with the "vendors" and that they are held to a double standard. It is disappointing, to say the least, that some think we play the favorites game. Hate to burst that bubble, but that's off base. However, here's the truth: this website isn’t magically supported by tree elves who hand over their hard earned keelber dollars. This site is paid for by community members and community vendors. There are, as of writing this, 24 supporting members (see list below) and three vendors that directly support this community, thereby keeping it online for us all to enjoy. The community maintains its own private bank account from which all of its bills are paid from. If the account comes up short on these bills then I cover the difference. That’s how it has been since October 2003 and that is exactly how it will continue to be until the plug is pulled (if it ever is).

Finally, the point I thought I was making in that FS thread was that I feel we all need to be a bit more respectful towards everyone on these forums lately. I’m not after some sort of hippy loving Thomas More celebrating Utopia here; rather, use tactful judgment in your postings and try and be respectful of others.

I cannot thank the following people enough for their months and years of continuous support for this community.

The 24 members who help support our community:
    bixs, bluedestiny, calmnothing, coldcat83, crash#2, crashtke, dacula dan, dennisn, face, genya, griggs81, integroid, kingwrex, kokopelli, motomark, pck823, rsconvert, slade1274, slowwrx, superdoughboy, techlor, thebigph, Trancetto and yerrow

The three vendors who help support our community:
    AllPro Subaru, JPM Coachworks, KillShot, Forged Performance & TopSpeed Motorsports

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
  44. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i love everybody

45. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

We have a movie star in the building.

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I still want to know how in the world did Matt and I "disrespect" Mark. We made offers on the car and that was it.

That's what started this crap. I asked was there a rule and that was the end of it. But Alex and his ginger headed cohort decided to keep on.

You said this Alex "Is there a rule? No, but there probably should be."

You in your forsaken mind do you grasp saying there should be a rule on making an offer? It's day to day business.

For example.........(and I'm not blasting you broken/trancetto...you just recently did this yourself :) ) When I was selling the M3 broken told me he had a friend that was interested but would only pay $10K. Also broken offered techlord $5K on that Benz. Techlord simple said NO now how easy was that?

BRAVO techlord.

My response to broken was add $5K and we'll talk. END OF STORY.

Now Alex did chime in on my FS ad and do basically the same thing but I also had added a FIRM price quote before Alex said anything (I can't argue anything there). But to broken's credit I didn't have the disclaimer that I was not budging off the price when he made his offer.

I don't have a grudge against ANYONE on here (yes I did in the past but that's the past and over with). I severely dislike a certain business but that's trivial and yes I should just keep that to myself. In the end I'll get along with anyone. But some just can't take a little trolling and laugh/shrug it off.

Justin nailed it.....I really don't care. Now who's got my beer?

47. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I have beer :) It'd be a long trip for a beer though!

48. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I would feel offended if someone called me out on my low offers, because that is all I have to offer.

49. slowwrx

LOL WOW!!!!!

Alex.....Nevermind

50. Really? Guess i'll be needing to use that phone number since we have been supporting this community longer than all three of them combined.

Talk to you soon

~Cicio