Comparison Test: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart vs. 2009 Subaru Impreza

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ohmypearls, Jan 11, 2009.

1. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

2. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Not suprising. I would not like the Ralliart telling me the tranny needed to cool down before it was driven again.

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I can't believe Mitsu isn't offering a regular manual... I'm sure the thing shifts better that I can, but no thanks.. I'll shift myself. Looks pretty sweet though IMO.

4. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Good article, Mitsu failed but the car is cool looking and the interior has come a long way. WRX is 28k now, how the hell is that an "everyday mans car", you might as well get an Sti, especially with the lame 5sp still on board.

5. FACE

FACE Active Member

I will forever be a suby lover...

6. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

I know I wish the wrx was a 6 speed so bad.. but at the same time the wrx can put down the same track times as an STI. But they won't publish that anywhere.. so why buy an STI when you can get the same power for less? There's lots of controversy in my opinion with the new wrx vs. new sti.

but yeah with the new mistu only coming in automatic... fail. I'm sure it shifts great but nothing beats driving a real car.

7. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I prefer the 5speed as far as the ratios, but, if you push it like you could with the 6sp it will break so I am thinking a Sti track time might cost you a drivetrain. That is the only weakness I see. For 28k you would think they could bullet proof a 5sp...pisses me off!

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ I agree... I really hate the tiny gears in the STI 6 speed. Might be nice for the track, not for a DD. If they made the 5 speed bulletproof like the STI 6, I would do a swap immediately.