Completed my exhaust set up

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by redman, Dec 4, 2008.

1. redman

redman Member

Hey everybody. Just thought I would post this up. I just put on my Gruppe-S header yesterday. The header was pretty cheap price wise, but the welds looked very good and the fit was perfect. I love the sound of it. It really opened it up and made it a fair bit louder when you get on it hard (which is scary considering I'm running a catless Invidia downpipe and an Invidia N1 Race catback lol) Next time I get it up on the rack, I'll try and take some pics of the entire set up.

2. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

was it equal length?

3. redman

redman Member

No it's unequal, I wanted to keep the Subie rumble lol.

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

I have a custom setup in the works once I get my swap going. Gonna be loud!!!!

5. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

loud.... it gonna be louder than my 3 inch straight pipe?

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

basically what its gonna be but coming out the side. right after the downpipe

7. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

i gotta see that, i drove around with open downpipe for few days and it was so loud that I could not hear myself think

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah I did that once in my old bugeye. This will be a removable piece that will go through a high flow cat or small resonance chamber of some sort first

9. undrgrndrdr15

i did the whole open dp but i just decided to carry mine all the way out the back... itsd not that bad since its not right under me... i have seen alot of srt4 do side exit... dont be like the dumb ones and have it come out on driver side... lol

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

Uh no.

11. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I wanna hear. Your car wasn't much louder than mine anyway.

12. undrgrndrdr15

whos mine???

13. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

^^^your car is retarded loud, i dont know how you drive that daily!

14. undrgrndrdr15

from inside the car its really not that loud, i can have the radio on low and its barely heard unless i go wot

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'm over the whole loud bit now, I just prefer a quality exhaust piece with good welds, proper metal and a nice non-ricer muffler (hint: Cobb).

16. undrgrndrdr15

i will be too but for now im loving the loud... btw i have proper metal and superb welds ( i did them myself ) lol

17. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah i'll actually have two setups. the second will be 3" all the way back to the STi axle back i have. that will be my quiet, probably daily driven piece.

18. undrgrndrdr15

for the longest time when i was running my full prodrive turbo back i made a 2.5 inch muffler delete that i could just bolt up... it worked well since it took a whole 5 minutes since i flanged it...

19. redman

redman Member

You'll hear it soon enough man lol. If you'd have come out to the Varsity meet last night, you could have heard it then.

20. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

hey im with you on that, but the ricer canister has some evil force that just pulls me towards it.

21. undrgrndrdr15

what qualifies as a ricer can... is it the size because my prodrive is bigger than 75% of the honda's mufflers i have ever seen