Connecting an iPod to the stock stereo

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by slpymnky, Mar 14, 2005.

1. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Is there any way to hardwire an iPod to the stock stereo? Does the stock stereo even have a changer control that could be used as an auxiliary input?

2. married05gt

married05gt starting over

I would ask amol (hemi powered)

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I think there is one year of the 6CD changers that had an aux in on the back but I dont remember which Suby it was out of and what year.

You could always use a tape adapter or FM transmitter. I've used the Itrip with an Ipod and it worked really well.

4. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

The iTrip doesn't work well for me and the tape adapter is alright. I really wanted to do a direct connection. I want to keep the head unit so I can keep the 6-CD changer.

5. E-Mol

E-Mol Member

Sorry took so long to respond.

BTW you can use three methods to connect:
    1. The tape in your tape player (iTape i think)
    2. Get the Y cable that connects to the I/O port of your iPod giving you L/R audio connectors
    3. Wait till my Car PC is complete and link it up using USB 2.0 / Firewire for crystal clear audio....

:D

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

How about using a Belkin TuneCast II?

Click here

Haven't used one, but seems like it's just an FM modulator which ought to work fine...

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have one of those for my Rio and it sucks ass. The get horrible reception. Not a good option if you are concerned about quality.