Cordless impact gun choices?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ~The_Duke~, May 24, 2014.

1. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

So at this time in my life, i feel i need one if these... However which brand and model had enough guts to be useful for changing tires at the track as well as being used around the house and garage.

I know the snap on one is awesome, but do not want to spend snap on money. I was leaning toward makita (sp?).

Go!

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

I've been toting the same Ryobi 18V tools for 12+ years without an issue but for impact I have a 24V Milwaukee, not cheap at all though

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Snap-On - but not cheap.

I had a goodyear 1/2 cordless impact drive for a few years and it finally died recently. It worked pretty good when full charged and could easily change out a set of wheels and then some without having to re-charge. It was around $70 from pep boys. I would probably save up a little more a get a nicer one though.

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Just saw a deal on Home Depot website i think for Ryobi 18v lithium ion drill and impact driver set for $99.

5. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

this...

I've used ryobi products as well. They are the best thing for the buck.

6. integroid

Unfortunately, that impact driver will nut break lug nuts. It is more used for smaller bolts and also only has a 1/4" shank.

7. integroid

8. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Breel how much was that 24v Milwaukee?

My budget will prolly be around $200

9. b reel

b reel Active Member

LOL little over $400, I'd do the 18V Ryobi because there's like 50 other freaking tools that use the same battery. The drill I have is from when the 18V series came out around 2000? It has been well abused and still goes strong just looks like hell now. If going with the Ryobi, buy the larger capacity batteries.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  10. integroid

11. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i have a milwaukee 12v, i questioned going with the brand but im definitely loving it - the quality/reliability is there
    the snapon 18v lithium is a nice piece, but if youre not using it very often then i dont think you can justify the price
    other brands i'd consider would be makita and matco

12. techlord

techlord Active Member

13. Coldcat83

Coldcat83 Member

I have 2 Dewalt impact guns they're definitely the best choice $100 at Home Depot and you get 2 batteries with it. It removes my lugnuts that I torque to 78Ft majority of the time. The batteries almost cost that in itself just to buy extra ones. I just refuse to buy Ryobi since I use mine everyday and need reliability. If you want a gun thats gauranteed to take the lugs off every time you're going to need the 1/2in drive gun not the interchangeable one I'm talking about but limits your around the house usefulness.

Last edited: May 27, 2014