Corvette vs. STI

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Oct 26, 2009.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sorry for the link to the link.... Pretty sweet video of a vette vs. STI going at it on the track. They actually end up trading paint a few times. Since its in-car on the STI, you can't tell exactly whats going on with the crashing.. The debate on IWSTI is who of the 2 drivers is the bigger douchebag at fault (I think they both are)... I have zero track experience so I can't really tell who is at fault.. But.. good racing though, track looks really fun.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/video-collection/176871-sti-vs-corvette.html

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yeah, thats for sure... but after the STI crashes.. he comes back in and slams the Vette. My question is who had the right of way. I'd imagine after a crash, you'd need to wait for a clearing... Some were saying the Vette driver was at fault for not leaving room for him to re-enter the track.

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I don't think there is such a thing as right of way on a racetrack. Also, I am pretty sure there is no rule that a car has to let another car back onto the track. If this was a real race and not just an open track day, you can bet that most drivers will do everything they can to block another driver.

5. Matt

there most certainly is 'right of way' in a real race. if you're coming in faster into a corner, and ahead of the other driver, they _should_ give you the line and try to recoup. This is how Tom got screwed in the championships last year. He had the line, but a fellow driver didn't want to give it up (3rd turn, first lap of 18) and spun tom. It wasn't a pretty site after the race.

I should clarify...it's not written, but it's a common code to racers, let them pass.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  6. Matt

where did all this happen? I never saw any of that.

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

No? The Vette wipes out a few minutes in (seemingly on his own incompetance).. A few minutes later the STI wipes out, looking like he lost control in a turn and is off the track. When the STI driver returns to the track he basically t-bones the Vette...

8. Matt

weird....I saw the vette get sideways...never saw the impreza get loose...and definitely never saw a t-bone...watched the whole thing

9. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

look at 4:10 he got knudge

10. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

When the Vette hits the STI...thats a racing, shit happens. When the STI hits the vette that was him being an ass and he should have been pulled from the car and beaten.