Cosmo Motors?

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by FuturScoobyOwnr, Sep 14, 2009.

1. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

It seems like every car dealer is now on ebay.

Contact a 3rd party inspection service and have them look at the cars if you are serious. Charlotte isn't that far...make a trip out of it and check them out. If you can, bring someone that knows what they are looking for when it comes to used cars. Just make sure you have a way to walk away and get home.

I flew up to PA for my car...I had a round trip ticket and a car to drive back to the airport if needed.

There should be plenty of STi's locally, you just gotta look and be patient.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

just an FYI....the blue car doesn't have the original seats ;)

3. Yeah I figured something was different. I emailed the guy there and he ever said "Honestly if you were going to go with one, go with the white one. It's in better condition" and from that point, makes me think that these guys arn't the kind that just want to sell sell sell, they have a soul. haha

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Either that or his margin on the white car is better ;)

5. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Both of those cars were tuned here I believe... I know the white one was for sure tuned here..

6. Well if you know about the white one tell me about it. I'd rather know every little thing. Not just waht the dealer trys to tell me.

7. ESXTrack014

ESXTrack014 New Member

I bought my car from them. Sent my mom and dad to check it out cause I had to work (they didn't know enough about the car to know something was wrong with it) Needed a lot of love that wasn't mentioned in the ad but they did attempt to make it right in the end. All in all, if you're not going there to check the car out in person I wouldn't buy one.

8. nygiant

nygiant Member

is it just me or do all those STIs seem outrageously overpriced...?

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Those sale prices are from 3.5 years ago.

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

first thing to look for is the 'Green Brackets of Death'
    if they are missing from the motor assume that it has been modded. Something most sales people are not aware of and a good point to haggle the price down. Here's a link with pics to familiarize yourself when it comes time to look at an actual car.

http://www.teamscss.com/wrx injector replacement instructions.htm

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Those are current prices. But I know what you were getting at.

12. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Are the GBOD on the newer models from 08+?

13. b reel

b reel Active Member

I'm sure some variation of them are used but not certain.