cost for new tag

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by flip, Mar 14, 2006.

1. flip

flip Member

Does anyone know how much it is going to cost me to get a tag for my 05 sti? i was just now able to get ahold of the title because the previous owner took a while getting some things to my finance company...

Just trying to get a ballpark figure on what its going to cost to get the tag transfered from my old integra to the new car...

Also, i know i'm past the alotted 30 days to get my tag but i couldn't help it because of how long things took, does anyone know if there are fines? or ways around the fines since i couldn't help it? The title does have a sale dat that reads 01/04/06 :(...

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I cant remember the price of a tag specifically, but I know that if you want a prestige plate its $50 up front, and then $25 every mo. there after.

3. flip

flip Member

Are those the special plates that say what you want?

4. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

its not 25 a month alex, its 50 upfront and thats it.

5. flip

flip Member

what about for just a regular tag? I seem to remember that newer cars tags are more expensive... my integra was a 98 and it was like $180ish :(

6. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

the tag alone is only 20-25 dollars, registering the car and paying tax is where the money comes from.

7. flip

flip Member

oh, well, any idea how much my entire trip will cost? :)

8. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

when registering my WRX with a custom plate it cost me 80-90 dollars.

9. flip

flip Member

oh wow, not bad... now i just gotta come up with a good idea for a tag...

10. Alex

Maybe 200 - 300 ?

11. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

i just paid my tax on my 02 and it was close to $200

12. flip

flip Member

Argh, yeah thats kinda what i am figureing but hoping for the 50-60 :). I guess i'll just go and see...

Anyone know what the details for getting a custom plate are? like how many characters you can have etc...?

13. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

what do you have in mind?

WRX ATL II

14. flip

flip Member

well not sure. i was kinda thinking maybe something with my web site, it's darkrume.com so i thought drkrume maybe, but not sure, then i was thinking imprez... maybe something more orig. someone probly already has imprez anywho...

15. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

You can have no more than 7 characters on the regular tag.

Depending on what county you live in will depend on how much the tag is. I just paid $223 I believe for mine.

16. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

My 05 sti runs about 280 to 300. I dont have the tax papers in front of me at the moment.

17. flip

flip Member

Yeah, sounds about right :(...

18. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i was gonna do a custom plate of vrmmpst but decided agianst it because its freakin 85.00!

19. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

cant have that one, its sitting on my shelf from when i registered it for my bugeye when i had it.

20. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

My tag only cost $120, but it was on my truck. I was thinking about this the other day. When i get my car im getting a custom tag , i already have a phrase picked out!![​IMG]

21. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

here is the deal......
    regular tags cost 20-30 dollers
    special tags [wildlife tags, dog tags, etc] cost 40-60 dollers
    special name tag [wrxatl, shady01, etc] cost 60-80 dollers and a 6 months waiting period to get the name

22. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah it was about 40 something for my wildlife tag. I like that GA has so many different tags to choose from for the first time. Of course if you're a lowballer then you can just take whatever they give you. :D

JKBTW

23. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

the wait for a custom vanity plate is usually within 90 days.

24. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea i thought it was a 90 day turnaround or so.

25. flip

flip Member

anyone know of a way to tell if a plate is taken? I wana get "FLIP" but i'm pretty sure it's prob taken...

26. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I just stopped by my county's tag office and asked the lady there. I'm sure you could call though.

27. flip

flip Member

I guess that means i'll have to wake up before 5pm... nightshift... eh...

28. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

go with FL1P :)

29. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

When you go to the tag office they'll make you fill out a form. It will have you pick 3 or so different tag sayings. They will go down the list and the one they come to thats not taken is yours. I made it out lucky , I guess no one wanted N2BNLOW

30. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

well i dunno abt 90 days stuff but over in deklab it's 6 months.. wait period. cause i have 3 different custom tags on all my 3 cars... just need my wrx done soon.. 4th car

31. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

My tag only took 7 weeks to get back. Im in Carroll Co. to so that might have something to do with it.

32. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

shaddy, i live in dekalb and they told me 90 days

33. Alex

You can go down to the local press and pick it up the same day though. I wish someone had told me that before I waited 2 mo. :(

34. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

How do you do that?

35. Alex

that's the problem, have to find where your county's plates are made.