Could someone tell me what this part is?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by AXLEJOHNSON, Sep 27, 2009.

1. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

I broke the nozzle on this part today installing a new ps pump. I hear it leaking air or exhaust while the car is running, but it doesn't seem to be effecting the car much. I is a little black module with a tube coming off the top of the engine and a plug on it. I circled it in this picture. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

Moderators, I don't know if this is the correct section, thanks for moving if needed.

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Isnt that the head pressue sensor or something? I know people hook up Boost gauges there

EDIT. Yes it is..
    intake manifold pressure hose or something

ITs called "the manifold vaccum line "

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  3. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Did the ps pump work out for ya?

4. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Johnson Bar.

It regulates the blinker fluid.

5. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

Ya, it worked out great, no more whine. Thanks a lot. So it's the intake manifold pressure sensor. Hopefully they are not too expensive. Thanks for your help. I checked the blinker fluid, but it looked like there was plenty in the tank, but just to be safe I topped it off with a little maple syrup.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

mapLOL syrup goes great on pwncakes?

Oh, and I more frequently see people tap boost gauges at the By Pass Valve.

7. Trey

Trey Active Member

I added a pic for you Alex. ;)

That's where the factory boost gauge is connected in my car.....

Attached Files:

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It's the evaporative bypass valve for the fuel tank. I yanked mine off while building my new motor. If it's disconnected it will throw a CEL sooner or later and will throw the gas cap off CEL.

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Those tend to get stuck a lot. You are talking about the 3 way thingy right? It at the left end of your drawn in circle.

10. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

No, I thought there might be some misunderstanding as to what I was talking about. It's behind the the three way, it is in a bracket that is mounted to the intake manifold. In this picture you can see part of the bracket. I am going to check and see if a part# is present on the part tomorrow when I get home.

[​IMG]

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It's still a part of the fuel evap system. Boost lines go to it and the evap fuel line goes to it. It has a sensor on it that if removed will throw the gas cap off CEL. The number escapes me though. I ditched mine totally and will have SS turn that CEL off when he tunes the car hence why I am going Open Source.