Creating a maintenance portion of WRXAtlanta.com, input requested!

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by Alex, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Good afternoon,

All last week and this week I have been compiling a comprehensive file database for documents, pdfs and files that relate to maintenance of our Subarus. The goal is two-fold: (1) Stable / reliable mirror for hosting and (2) Have the most important documents and programs in one place for those of who us perform maintenance ourselves, datalog, etc. I currently have the shop manual for the GD WRX/STI (2004 Manual) and the 2008 GR STI. I also have the most recent/stable version of ecuexplorer ready to go.

I am looking for anyone who would like to help me build this database. We are in need of the remaining shop manuals:

• Pre MY02 Impreza or other models
    • 2005-2006 Impreza or other models
    • 2007 Impreza or other models
    • Open to suggestions and other random documents
    I am looking for anyone who has working exe installers for any of the older and current datalogging softwares and other useful utilities. An asterix denotes that I have a version of this currently.

• ecuExplorer* (3.0.25 w/ userguide)
    • Enginuity* (0.4.0b)
    • RomRaider
    • Other files or suggestions
    I look forward to your input!

Thanks again,

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
  2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I can obtain the manuals for pre MY02 impreza models, as I have an offline copy of ALLDATA

3. Alex

Wirelessly posted

Excellent :)

4. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I have some soft copies of 04-05 service manuals I can send you

5. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

I had posted some links to "Subaru WRX 1993 to 2006 Workshop Manuals" sometime ago. I'm not sure if u got those.
    I'm interested in getting my hands of that Alldata. How many discs do u have?

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
  6. cMags

cMags Member

I've got a few copies of various model/year manuals - is any of it copyrighted? I'm all for the sharing of info but I know that some info might be published material and wouldn't want to break laws/offend folks... I know folks over on nabisco tend to flip out about these types of things...

7. Alex

Wirelessly posted

Well I purchased the manual through subaru about 6 years ago for my sti (through their service tech site). Beyond that I am not quite sure. However, I am not charging for access to the documents so I do not see an IP issue here.

8. cMags

cMags Member

Works for me. How do we upload? I've got about a gig of Subaru files - various model year Impreza FSMs, some Legacy and Forester stuff, and a few parts manuals.

9. Alex

Are you able to send me a DVD of the files? I'll be able to upload from there.

10. SVXdc

SVXdc Member

Dusting the cobwebs off this thread...

Check out these sites:

And, of course:
    • techinfo.subaru.com (click on "Online Reference")
      In the "Publication Type" box, select "Accessory Installation Guide" for many free PDFs that will show you how to remove the head unit, open various panels, and more.

A valuable tip I recently learned: Keep the original file names on PDFs you download from Subaru's techinfo site, along with their dates. The filenames contain a version number, which you'll want to keep track of. Subaru does post updates/corrections fairly frequently. Knowing the versions/dates of files you have will let you determine if you should look for a newer version (and can save you from wasting time downloading something if it's the same or older than what you already have). Many of the files on the above sites are already very old.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016