Cursing on the forums

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by miloman, Dec 3, 2004.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

so far, the cursing is not bad... and as long as its not used in an offensive manner against any of our members im cool with it...

however, offensive behavior or any form of aggression towards any of our members or their beliefs will definitely not be tolerated... im really glad that so far we have not had any of that yet... we have earned a reputation in the atlanta suby community as being a forum where all the members are nice and friendly people...

thanks to all our members who have helped make this a positive community and helped build our reputation

please post your opinions on this matter

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I say lets just all act towards each other like we do at meets. Sometimes we curse but its never anything offensive like you said.

If you wouldnt say it to someone's face you shouldnt say it on the internet.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

my point exactly

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Well let me be frank, those who know me by know are well aware of the fact that I like to joke, have a good laugh, and can sometimes swear like a sailor, but our point to everyone is something we felt needed to be said. The club has been in existence far too long for rules of this nature to not be announced.

Essentially, treat others the way you would like to be treated. I WILL NOT TOLERATE any derogatory slander within this organization period. Note that this is a bannable offense and should your action deem it necessary, a permanent ban may be applicable. I say this with utmost sincerity, any sort of problems of this nature will not be tolerated.

With that said, party on Garth.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

this thread is not meant to scare any of u... like i mentioned earlier, we have built a reputation for being a friendly forum and that is purely because of all our members... we're growing steadily now so an announcement like this needs to be made to protect all of us from some of the pricks that hang around in the other bigger forums... eventually we are going to get some member who is just an asshole... the intent of this announcement is purely to protect all of us from such a situation