Damn Georgia Weather

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Apr 25, 2005.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

So my car got hit by the Hail Storm Friday night. So now I have about 30 little dents in my Hood, about 10 on the roof, and a couple on each of my front fenders. The trunk amazingly escaped unscathed.

I called my insurance company and they sent an adjuster out today. The adjuster took pics of my hood and told me that they would probably have to replace it. As for the roof, that they should be able to just pop and the fender, I don't know, because one of the fenders has a paint chip.

I lived in PA for 24 years. There we would get hail maybe once every 4 to 5 years. I have been here in Atlanta now for a little over a year, and this is the 3rd Hail Storm. I need to move to a place with covered parking.

Hopefully, this will be able to fund the Burn-Up WRC Style hood. As for the dents on my roof, I think I am going to get one of those fix it yourself dent repair kits from Advanced Auto Parts and try to fix that myself to save some money.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You could always build a tent. Also, regarding the Burnup stuff, I do not know if Kevin ever got back to you like I asked him, but if I remember correctly, he was saying that there would be an outrageous amount if you were to get it shipped direct from Japan. He told me he couldnt buy enough to even get their direct discount, so anything he would have would be @ their price + shipping.

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That's cool, I talked to Porter and he said he could get it for the around $1000 shipped. I will have to contact him and see what's up once I find out how much Progressive is going to give me.

4. AdvanceREX

AdvanceREX Member

dent kit

i work at advance man... i dont know if those dent popper things work all that well... my boss and one of the drivers that work with me laugh at it for some reason when they see one... but i think the suction cup set might work... i'll get u a price on em tomorrow and you can make your decision on wether you would like to get the "ding king" (the one with the guy from the oxi-clean commericals on it) or the suction cup set things...

how bad are the dents on the roof, cause those will prolly require a little more pull to em then the suction cups could prolly do for ya...

we also got one that requires making a small hole and sliding a bar with collapsable arms on it into the hole to pull it out from behind... those work best, but u gotta patch the hole after, and i personally wouldn't drill a 1/4 inch hole into my fender or roof...

but i'll post the prices on all three for ya tomorrow

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That would be great. Not sure if any of it will work, but if it does and it saves me a couple bucks, that couple bucks from the insurance company goes into my pocket for something better later.

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

My car was in the same situation as yours a month or two ago (last hail storm). I had it fixed by a local PDR guy who did an absolutely fantastic job. PM me if you want his info.

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

the only dents i have are from inconsiderate people opening their car doors into mine..and umm falling creepers :dunno

8. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

yep i remember the first hail storm up here. lucly i made it though with only 2 dings to the hood but heres a pic of my back yard

Attached Files:

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

so glad i park in a deck

10. gueryjones

gueryjones Member

I keep my baby garaged at home, and way back in the back of the deck at work. Sorry about your car, man.

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yeah Moose, if you could send me his info that would be great. I guess I am just gonna get the roof fixed and maybe the fenders and take the rest of the money and get my new hood.

12. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

im so glad I have a garage to park in now. When I lived in ohio that hail was even worse than that...

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

How often did you get Hail in Ohio? In PA, we got Hail maybe once every 4 or 5 years.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i took mine to dent wizard to have some dents removed... they did an awesome job... might be a little expensive though... i went to the location in marietta

15. AdvanceREX

AdvanceREX Member

heres the prices man
    Ding king-19.98
    Suction cup dent puller-3.97 (its like one giant suction cup)
    Bondo dent puller-6.18 (the one that requires a hole)
    2pc Suction cup set-4.58

I dont know of the effectiveness of the ding king or the suction cup dent puller but the other two might do the trick... but a co-worker told me about a business that can come to you and pull the dent, he said they were located in alto... dont know the name of them though, and he said they had good prices... anybody on here know who he was talking about?

16. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Moose just sent me the info on some guy that I believe comes to you and pulls dents. Not sure about prices, but I will probably call him tomorrow and ask. Still might try the do it yourself stuff, if it works, great, if not, oh well, just blew $20 or $30 bucks, no big deal.