Damn Im loving the Sube

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Nemesis Digital, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Ive test driven 350s, and all other types of cars, but ever since I got to ride in a modded one a couple years ago I wanted a WRX bad. Now that I finally have one I simply cant stop driving it :cool: This is my first car with boost other than nitrous. I enjoy driving the 40 minutes or so into work and look forward to the drive home. Something I used to dread because of my other daily driver that had no AC. I cant wait till I toss a couple mods at this car and see what it can do at the track.

We need to have another meet soon :wiggle:

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

glad to have you here =)

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

it gets better..just wait ;)

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

next BIG meet is the scavenger hunt on august 5th... link in my signature

5. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I know what you mean dude, I don't even have the desire to get another car to replace the suby. :)

6. MagicHallucinations

MagicHallucinations New Member

George, i know the world of modding isn't new to you but just wait until your first mod. i got an uppipe, wanted a downpipe. Got the DP and then wanted a mbc, then got the header, now the turbo, etc, etc........now i'm looking at forged internals, hks cams, and an even bigger turbo. it's maddness:eek:hnoes:

M

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006

7. lol I cant fall into that trap. I spent a while digging myself outta the hole the Cougar put me in :rofl:

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have heard a lot of people say that ;)

9. blink

blink Member

until you hit 60k miles. After that it's bizarro world.

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

true +1

11. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

seriously......:eek:hnoes: (at 45k)

12. MagicHallucinations

MagicHallucinations New Member

really? i'm well past that.....nothing strange yet...in fact, nothing at all. *knocks on wood*

M

13. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

my car now has 97k miles abt to be 98k and ig ot the car at 60 k in 11/2 years i drove it so much..
    i'm feeling the 100k calling me and it's getting good and good..
    i'm faster then ever and cooler then ever buahahahahahhahahahah :D
    ha ah ha h ah aha
    sorry got outta hand.. :)

14. Deke

Deke Active Member

I'm nearing 60 and the only thing I'm really noticing is clutch slippage.

Everyone I know that's ever owned a Subaru back in the day has said that they run forever. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that.

15. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

so far so good... 100k+

i love this car & plan on keeping it 4evar!!

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

100k+ :eek3:
    thats awesome, especially since u have an aftermarket turbo and making good power... how many miles has the turbo been on?

17. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

not sure, since it was on the car when i bought it. i could probably talk to KP, because they installed all the mods. i have put 25k+ miles on the car in the last 1.5 years... mostly because of my road trips to visit my daughter in WV. Atl to WV and back = 1000 miles. and i use to make the trip every 2 to 3 weeks. now that she lives in Charleston, SC, my mileage has decreased but not by much.

i'm guessing i'm one of the very few members with 100K+ on a heavily modded suby... maybe when i break the 200K+ mark i will be setting some kind of record. :sx:

ah hell, by that time, hopefully i'll have the 2.5 swap and an even larger turbo!

18. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i so said that then sold mine once it bacame a money pit. now the trucks a money pit. gotta git rid of it too.

19. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

glad that it all worked out for ya man, hope to see ya at a meet sometime

browncow had well over 100k on his wrx before he traded it in. Im less than 3k miles away in my car and shes still runnin strong(knock on wood)