dead xbox

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by creaturewrx, Nov 16, 2011.

1. creaturewrx

creaturewrx Member

anyone know where to get an xbox360 repaired. dvd drive took a dump!

2. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

lol atleast its not a RROD, thats what i assumed from the title
    look around on CL?

3. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Where are you located?

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

5. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I have a xbox that got the rrod. AFAIK, the DVD drive is still good. If you want to come pick it up, I'll let it go for cheap.

The drive itself just plugs in. PM me if interested!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  6. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Its very easy, you could probably do it for $35-$40 in parts

7. creaturewrx

creaturewrx Member

im in the flowery branch area. thanks guys! I found one on ebay but; just unsure if its the correct one.

8. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

9. creaturewrx

creaturewrx Member

I know! free online! I think I may use my xbox for target practice.

10. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Free online, free identify theft, free month of down servers! So much free stuff at the psn

11. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Identity theft happens every day, one of the biggest companies out there does it and nobody cares, facebook.

And shit happens lol, ps3 was worth hacking, unlike shitbox.

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

oh, so that makes it ok? horrible justification

13. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Identity theft by Facebook...? Unless you're talking about people making up face accounts with a real person's personal information, they're not exactly stealing our actual identity.

14. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I have a brand new drive if you still need it. I thought it was a little more complex than just swapping the drives out?

15. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

By clicking "Accept", you agree to the following terms and conditions (this "Agreement"):

(a) Information That May Be Provided. In order to allow you to participate in certain features and applications offered by Developers ("Applications"Facebook may from time to time provide Developers copies of the following information (collectively, the "Facebook Site Information"):

(i) any information provided by you and visible to you on the Facebook Site, excluding any of your Contact Information, and

(ii) an encrypted user ID associated with your Facebook Site profile.

(b) Examples of Facebook Site Information. The Facebook Site Information may include, without limitation, the following information, to the extent visible on the Facebook Site: your name, your profile picture, your gender, your birthday, your hometown location (city/state/country), your current location (city/state/country), your political view, your activities, your interests, your musical preferences, television shows in which you are interested, movies in which you are interested, books in which you are interested, your favorite quotes, the text of your "About Me" section, your relationship status, your dating interests, your relationship interests, an encrypted user ID associated with your significant other's Facebook Site profile, your summer plans, your Facebook user network affiliations, your education history, your work history, your course information, copies of photos in your Facebook Site photo albums, metadata associated with your Facebook Site photo albums (e.g., time of upload, album name, comments on your photos, etc.), the total number of messages sent and/or received by you, the total number of unread messages in your Facebook in-box, the total number of "pokes" you have sent and/or received, the total number of wall posts on Wall ™, a list of encrypted user IDs mapped to your Facebook friends, your social timeline, and events associated with your Facebook profile.

(c) Developer Agreement. Developers will be contractually required to use the Facebook Site Information only in accordance with the Developer Agreement. However, Facebook cannot guarantee that each Developer will comply with its contractual requirements, and Facebook does not assume any liability or responsibility for any Developer's actions or website, or for enforcing the Developer Agreement against any Developer.

(d) RELEASE AND DISCLAIMER. YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS FACEBOOK AND ITS AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES OF ANY SORT (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER ARISING IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE (WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED)), CONTRACT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY) ARISING OUT OF: (A) DELIVERY OF ANY INFORMATION BY FACEBOOK TO ANY DEVELOPER; OR (B) ANY USE BY ANY DEVELOPER OF ANY INFORMATION, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH USE IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DEVELOPER AGREEMENT.

(e) Developers may require you to agree to their own terms of service, privacy policies and/or other policies as a condition of using their Applications or websites. Those terms and/or policies may give Developers rights with respect to your Facebook Site Information beyond those provided by the Developer Agreement. Please review each Developer's terms and/or policies carefully.

(f) You may revoke your permission for Facebook to provide Facebook Site Information to Developers at any time through the means provided in your privacy settings. However, you acknowledge that Facebook does not have the ability to cause Developers to delete Facebook Site Information once it has been provided to them. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that revocation of permission to provide Facebook Site Information to Developers will be effective only following the date of revocation, and will not require Facebook to delete (or to cause any Developer to delete or stop using) any Facebook Site Information provided to that Developer prior to your revocation of permission.

(g) This Agreement incorporates by this reference Facebook's terms of use and privacy policy, and is in addition to, and does not replace or supersede, any other terms, conditions or policies applicable to your use of the Facebook Site. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Facebook with respect to the subject matter hereof and may not be amended, nor any provision of this Agreement waived, without the express written consent of an authorized representative of Facebook.

(h) Facebook reserves the right to modify this Agreement at any time, in its sole discretion. If Facebook elects to modify this Agreement, Facebook will post a change notice or a new agreement on the Facebook Site. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO REVOKE YOUR PERMISSION FOR FACEBOOK TO PROVIDE FACEBOOK SITE INFORMATION TO DEVELOPERS AS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPH (E) ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT REVOKE SUCH PERMISSION PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF ANY CHANGE NOTICE OR NEW AGREEMENT POSTED ON OUR SITE, YOU WILL BE CONCLUSIVELY DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THE CHANGE.

16. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

It doesn't make it ok, but it happens everywhere. Xbox 360 users get hacked here and there all the time. And dont get me started on all those banned xbox consoles. lol, xbox 360 is full of hackers.

17. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

nvm, fuk ps3 network lol. down again.

18. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

It's lots of unclipping all the plastic parts, nothing more. The drive is connected by a simple sata cable, it's the easiest part of the repair

19. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I know swapping out the drive itself is not too hard. I thought the mobo knows what hardware is in the machine? It has been years since I messed with it but I cold of sworn it isnt as easy as just swapping the drive out.

20. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

you need to dump the key from your current drive (if possible) before you install a new drive.

you simply cannot just swap DVD drives

..bunch of thread jacking retards

21. ChrisW

ChrisW Member