deathrace 3000 is coming.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by feelthebreak, May 29, 2005.

1. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

the next big remake is underway. hollywood is going to remake the old underground classic, deathrace 2000. the next one will be called deathrace 3000 and i`m going to bet my money it will be badass. i have seen the original they sometimes play it in the morning on AMC. its not really a worthy buy but it`s a decent flick. if you havn`t heard of it basically it is just guys in souped up death-cars driving around running over people and shooting everyone. also driving into an old folks home and running over everyone in wheelchairs, families having picnicks, construction workers, etc.

the remake should rock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea was a cool flick..i bet 3000 is going to be the shit..!!

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Haha, that shit looks awesome!

4. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Can I borrow that sometime? Doesn't sound like something I can go pick up from Blockbuster, but sounds like I'd like it

5. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

i don`t have a copy of the movie. AMC plays it from time to time. they played it last week.

6. halvdan

halvdan Member

...Sylvester Stallone. It must be awful.

7. Weapon

any more news on this?

8. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

That's wild. I know I'll be going to see it.

9. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

why dont you look for yourself :p

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Anderson Developing Deathrace 3000
    Source: Variety
    March 22, 2005

Paul W.S. Anderson will write and direct Paramount's Deathrace 3000, a remake of the cult Roger Corman film Deathrace 2000, says Variety. The trade adds that the deal has sparked Viacom into talks for a companion videogame.

Anderson, who last directed Alien vs. Predator and Resident Evil, will join Corman and C/W partners Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner as producers, as will Anderson's Impact Pictures partner Jeremy Bolt.

The Paul Bartel-directed original is considered a B-movie classic, a campy and polemical black comedy that pitted David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone in a race where drivers accumulated points for running over pedestrians. Anderson's got a different vision, planning a mix of Road Warrior and road kill.

"The original was so much about decimating pedestrians that the actual race was almost irrelevant, and I want to restore that," Anderson said. "Set in 2020, ours is an ultraviolent, no-holds-barred race with heavily armed Escalades, Ferraris and Aston Martins."

Anderson, who wrote and produced the sequel Resident Evil: Apocalypse, is producing with Bolt and Constantin an adaptation of the videogame DOA: Dead or Alive, which starts production in six weeks. Anderson also is writing a third "Resident Evil" film.

11. Weapon

thanks! Now that you have done that for me will you wash my car and mow my lawn :keke:

12. Brian

Brian Active Member

Throw $20 onto Roswell Rd at Buckhead on a Friday night. As the light turns green. Death Race Buckhead!

13. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

(having seen the movie and knowing they got points depending on how they killed pedestrians) i'm going to make a whacky forcast here and say that the video game (if any good) will be the largest parent target since gta. maybe even a few attempted lawsuits.

14. Weapon

wouldnt surprise me..just like the lawyer that is trying to sue a matchmaking company for discriminating against married poeple

15. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

no kiddin'? that's rich.

i simply wasn't born with enough middle fingers...

16. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Check the GTGs for a WrxAtl Death Race 2006 :)

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

back from the dead

18. Weapon

yes but i have been anticipating this movie since i ofund out about the remake.. im sure it will suck

19. Brian

Brian Active Member

Running people over is hell on the bodywork. You'll need something like this on the front.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  20. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

it looks crazy

21. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i enjoyed the first one, it was "awesomely bad"

22. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

they actually have the first one ON DVD at blockbuster
    how do I know? I rented it
    there's this weird thing about David Carradine in movies, you keep expecting them to be good, although both Kill Bills were awesome, and after having met David, he's a cool guy. :)

23. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i loved the first one one of my fav car movies. i hope they drop a new one!

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:rofl:

25. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

we should have a heavily beer induced death race 2000 movie night

26. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

sounds liek the first time i watched it, but i wasnt drinking

27. Weapon

:dunno

28. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

the people i was with were drinking, i was only 15 at the time, a little to young to drink.