decent sub that will fit under seat

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by awdlaunch132, Jan 10, 2008.

1. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

I currently have a ebayed mtx sub (i think its a 6") under my passenger seat and it sucks some serious ass. it just cannot handle any low bass what so ever. Anybody have any suggestions for a differenet sub that will still fit under the passenger seat that way i don't have to run wires anywhere. The amp is 150 watts rms so i don't need or want anything to rediculous. any suggestions.

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

i think those are words that don't belong in the same sentence "decent sub" and "under seat"

i honestly haven't seen/heard an under seat sub that picks up a great deal of really low bass notes

3. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

You can not get enough air volume in an underseat box to handle low bass. Either set it up for strong midbass and eq out the low bass from your system or put it in the back in a proper sized box.

4. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

actually raamaudio made a fiberglass underseat enclosure that housed a 10 that was supposed to sound great

5. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

yep thats what i thought i guess the mtx will do fine i will just fiddle with the amp and see if can get this thing to not sound like ass when listening to gorillaz.

thanks guy

6. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

7. JDM

JDM Member

I agree with BC2003UGA.