diary of emily rose true story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigb996, Sep 8, 2005.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

Well i stumbled upon this today and found it fairly interesting. If this story holds true then that could be a rather freaky experience to have to go through. Its believeable and i know exorcisms do occur. Heres the link to the Brief summary.

Diary of Emily Rose truthful information

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

scary shit man..

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Some freaky shit. I read about this a couple weeks ago when I was checking up on the progress of the previous owner of my car's GTO on LS1gto.com

His SN is PadreGTO and he's got a pretty nice reply to the story as a catholic priest.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

For the lazy folks...

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Wow, just spent a half hour reading the rest of that link that GTscoob put up....I have a really hard time understanding why people CAN NOT talk about religion or politics without getting offended and insulting each other. America has gotten way to sensitive over the years. I think the negativety in that thread comes from the same people who just won't sleep until the 10 commandments are taken out of the courthouses...... If you disagree with someone, why can't you just say "hey, I don't agree with you..and here's my opinion on the matter..."

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

^^agreed my friend, just part of life i suppose

7. dlowman

dlowman Member

The problem most people have with this kind of stuff is that, society as a whole is leaning more and more towards there being no devil and no God. Religion is being viewed as something that cannot provide answers for you, denys your freedoms by constraining you, and generally viewed as old fashioned or even mythical. Because of this most people that do believe in a God do not want to be weighed down with any other organized belief system such as a church. They want to deal with generlizations instead of specifics.

Then you have something like this that pops up and makes you think is there really a devil. (I know for a fact that there is). If there is a devil then there must be God. If there is a God then he created all of us and this earth which is pretty organized and ordered, minus what we do to it. Then you have to wonder how can a God of order create such a jumbled up mess of religion.

The others will try to explain everything out scientifically because it does not fit into their belief systems.

8. CROSSeyed

CROSSeyed Member

Wonder no more... the jumbled mess we have is what we inherited from Adam. Sin = chaos.

9. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

God didnt create religion, man did, hence the jumbled mess

if you say it's cause of Adam then you're omitting a bunch of religions and remind me that i'm in the bible belt

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if this is developing into a religious conversation, please respect other peoples views before posting... lets not let this thread get outa hand

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Beat me to it milo, I was just about to post that.

12. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i think we will be fine everyone is keeping it subtle and thats how it should be. No disrespect should be assessed. If so you guys can close it by all means. I only made the post to talk about the exorcist movie haha.....

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im gonna go watch it tonight with a few friends

14. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Let us know how it goes.

15. Weapon

I am proud to be a member of this site! I like how everyone on our site can be adults and have conversations without them getting out of hand yet still respect the views of other individuals..lets keep our community this way guys!!

16. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

i cant even watch the commercial, let alone go watch the movie. demonic possessions freak me out! :(

17. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

i does look pretty scary...can't wait for Milo's review....i just hope it's not cheesy..did anyone see the latest Exorcist movie?....if you didn't you missed nothing, in my opinion...

18. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yeah all the exorcists except for the 1st one weren't 2 good, this last one being really crappy. But the 1st one....will make you sleep with a nightlight :(

19. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

i agree totally...

20. Weapon

i dont know..im going to see it tonight also..i wonder how bad it can be for being rated PG13

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i wonder how they rate something pg13... i dont care if it isnt too graphic cuz im more interested in psychological thrillers...

i didn't think the first exorcist was too scary... the omen, on the other hand was freeeeeeeeeky

22. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea the first didnt freak me out either it kinda made me laugh :sad: .....but it did bother me. I just dont like when the lord is used in vain. I have learned to filter it for the most part. The new exorcist freaks me because in the preview it shows the peoples faces turn to demon faces and demonic things freak me out.

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

just got back from the movie and i wasn't too impressed with it... the theatre was packed and i hate it when people laugh after something messed up happens... probably would be pretty creepy if i was alone

24. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

i hate when the theatres are packed... too many unnecessary chatter and noises.

25. Weapon

2 outta 5..i would wait for it to come to video..not really that impressive..

26. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

interesting but not dissapointed in ya'lls scores thats what i expected.....there looks to be a few horror thrillers on the way that could be promising.

27. Weapon

i should have seen 40 year old virgin instead

28. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

great movie^^