did i mention...i freakin HATTTTTE nails

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by scuby drew, Feb 6, 2006.

1. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

Well several weeks back i picked up a nail in my passenger side rear tire. I dont think anything of it, and go to have it pulled and fixed at the friendly local kaufman tire two minutes away from my house. They inform me that they wont touch it as it is two close to the edge of tread and is most likely in the side wall as well. Well poo... so i take it to several other places only to be told the same thing. I decide that i will just leave it for the time be and keep a thing of fix a flat in the car with me all the time, as the tire is hardly losing any ammount of air, maybe 3-5 lbs a week. Fast forward to this weekend. I go out of town for the weekend and leave the car parked in the garage, but when i get back home on sunday i have 3 completely flat tires. My reaction WTFFFFFFFFF. I inspect the other two flat tires that i didnt know that anything was wrong with and find one huuuge screw in the front left and a big nail in the front right. Not only are there two foreign objects stuck in my tires, both of the new arrivals are also lodged right at the edge of the tread through the sidewall. blahh, enough cryin......

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sorry to hear dude... time for better tires

3. i had 3 bolts in 2 tires and like 8 nails so far thanks to the aftermath of hurricane katrina. Hmmmm Fema give me new tires...hahahaha

4. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i think some hater did that, on the side of the tire? impossible the road did it..
    over all i remember when i had kia spectra and i had a nail in the tired on the side, and i took it to tires plus and they told me they couldn't do it.. then i went to tire lantina over hwy 120, he fixed my tire and costed me about 15 dollers and it never had a problem with it till my gf totaled it..

5. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

well its more of right at the edge of the tread rather than in the side of the tire. I have also taken it to several small side of the road type places that will normally fix anything for a few bucks, but none of them will touch it. Plus i had planned on using those rims and tires on the track, and i dont think that it would be a good idea to have tires full of patches on the track seein as how hot the tires get and the expansion.