Discribe your day today (sep. 21)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FuturScoobyOwnr, Sep 21, 2009.

1. it started off with me going to school at 12. The roads were wet as hell. I was driving across barrett prky on stilesboa and hydroplaned atleast 5 times. Then on my way home from school. There was water atleast a foot deep and 30 feet wide across stilesbora right infront of the barret light. It was fun crossing in my big truck as I went across with ease and laughed the whole way. But I bet you scooby owners proabably didn't have much fun. so. ho was your day? oh it took me an hr to get home which normally takes about 25 min. So many closed roads and people driving slow and cautious.

[CENTE​
    [/CENTER]

so how was your day?

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah i wanna see pics

3. of? the flooded part? i didn't take any pictures. i was too focused on driving.

4. 1 1/2 hours to work (15 miles).... 1 1/2 hours home...(15 miles) including having to turn around because of a ginormous tree in the road. This is why I have an auto WRX.

5. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

the wrx took a swim in our flooded garage... on the good side though i gave her a well deserved bath in the rain

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

tree got you too
    Got to work 6am and both AC's were out, not to come back on until 3:30. Took an hour to get home <8mi tree down just before my subdivsion, had to drive around.
    I hate rain!

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

lol for a "once every 100 year flood?"

I drove to work this morning unaware of any flooding. My commute was actually faster and I was actually on time if not early for a change. Overheard someone mentioned the flooding and that a couple of schools were closed. The store was dead empty, work was so boring, and afterwards I went to TopSpeed to watch Scott drive his remote control hovercraft he bought from us in a small lake that formed in the parking lot. Here's where I started hearing about the serious floods but Cohen, Ped and I decided to go eat at Cici's. Afterward, Ped and I braved the rain and drove home up Hwy 9 but did not get stuck in traffic and the only flooding we saw was a swampy area that now just crested the road but had no affect on the flow of traffic at all.

Overall today was pretty cool, didn't seem to have the trouble's everyone else ran into and traffic was def lighter on my commute to and from work (7 am and 5-6 pm).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  8. I have never seen it flood like this in Atlanta before.. not in so many areas all at once. We saw them close Kimball Bridge and Webb Bridge roads this evening around 7pm. I guess Big Creek has now taken over the roads.

9. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

The lower lake in my neighborhood was about 2 feet from overflowing Mabry road. That puts it about 12 ft above normal. A couple of houses on the lake had water almost to the second floor and one family had to be rescued by the fire department.

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

11. El_Diablo

El_Diablo Member

Um.. I spent 3 hours in the ATL airport delayed to D.C. Does that count?

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

We're getting a lot of rain in Nashville, but flooding only happened in a few places last week.

I believe this is my 5 week of office work and today was one of the few occurrences where time just flew by. I work 4 10s and 6pm came in no time.

13. Valerie

Valerie Member

14. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

The Phillip's estate man-cave was flooded. :(

If it weren't such a pain to upload photos I'd post Noonday creek/soccer fields/BMX track photos. The water is to the roof of the restrooms. :eek:hnoes:

15. Valerie

Valerie Member

correction: noonday river...i drove past it on my journies home

16. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Good point.
    I was going to canoe from the soccer fields to the 'toona today, but when I got there I realized i'd need more than a canoe so I reconsidered my plans! I think I'm going to play tomorrow or Wednesday after it goes down about 6'.

17. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Cross creek golf course was like a lake, so i had to go 4 miles around peachtree creek to get to my house on the other side...wierd.

18. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

That is a true tragedy.

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

My Brother-In-Law and Sister live off Kimball Bridge. They called me yesterday about 3:30 asking if I could come over because their basement flooded. Took 1 1/2 hours to get from Perimeter up to Kimball Bridge, but then when I got there, they were not letting cars go up it because the Bridge was underwater.

20. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I woke up, came to work, worked, went home....it was a normal monday for me. Hell, I didn't even know it was THIS bad until I was cruising the local news sites and saw pictures that people took and sent in.

There is a creek that runs next to my house. I checked on it twice yesterday and it never rose more than a couple inches and it's a good 6 feet below the street.

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Went to work, enjoyed the sunny PERFECT day and came home at 5 to finish up the WRX.

22. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

here are 2 pics from in cherokee county... the first is of town lake parkway and the second is from standing on the 575 bridge that crosses the creek at town lake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. My day was like any other. The roads werent too bad in Gwinnett County..atleast the ones I encountered. The suwanee greenway is under about 10ft of water and taylor road was consumed by the lake but I didnt see anything else.