DNA Motoring?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jake, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Jake

Jake Active Member

so i need a new radiator on the BMW (super happy it wasn't the headgasket or anything serious).

i can:
    A. buy another plastic end-tanked aluminum 1row radiator (oem style) for ~$100-$150

or

B. buy this aluminum 2row by DNA motoring.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DNA-MOTORING-92-98-BMW-E36-318-323-325-328-M3-RADIATOR-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a1994Q7cMakeQ3aBMWQ7cModelQ3a318iQQhashZitem19c62fdc41QQitemZ110699207745QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

or

C. step up to a no-name with two electric fans?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-99-BMW-E36-3-SERIES-DUAL-CORE-ALUMINUM-RADIATOR-FANS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a1994Q7cMakeQ3aBMWQ7cModelQ3a318iQQhashZitem2a114ee227QQitemZ180679008807QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

my dilemma is, the car has 236k on it, but it has plenty of life left in it. do i risk getting another plastic end-tank radiator and run the risk of it busting again (similar to subaru, my old subaru went through 3 of them, this will be the 3rd on the BMW)?

or buy a cheap aluminum ebay radiator?

thoughts...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

you're getting 80k miles / plastic radiator. Buy whatever's cheapest

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

The no name and DNA radiators probably come out of the same factory in China. I would stick with the stock fans on whatever setup you go with.

4. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

ebay radiators=cheap prices=good results

I bought one for the STi a couple of years ago. Still works like a champ. Mind you, if you get a 2 core, expect to do some trimming/modifying of the factory hoses. Works great and keeps the car cool. Put a radiator cooling plate on top cause it will burn you if accidentally touch it while working on the car.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL BMW and their notorious radiator/expansion tank issues.

Get the cheap one...it'll last long enough. And quit running your car so dang hot.

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, not sure exactly where its leaking. just had a shop do a pressure test and thats what they said was the issue with the cooling system. so i'm pretty set on the aluminum. i'm hoping the car will last at least 300k, or until next summer, which ever comes first