Dr. 10th St's Headlight, Tailight, Interior & Exterior Services & Magical Potions

Discussion in 'Vendor "For Sale" Classifieds' started by JPM Coachworks, Oct 25, 2006.

1. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

Dr. 10th St's Services

Projector Retrofits
    • Projector Upgrade for JDM & EDM 2002/2003 WRX
      • Price w/ TSX: $440
      • Price w/ S2000: $640
    • Projector Retrofit for USDM 2002/2003 WRX
      • Price w/ "TFX" (FX35 Bixenon w/ TSX clear lens): $740
    • Projector Retrofit for 2004/2005 WRX/STi
      • Price w/ TSX: $620
      • Price w/ S2000: $820
    • Projector Upgrade for 2006/2007 WRX/STi
      • Price w/ TSX: $440
      • Price w/ S2000: $460
    • Lens Upgrade for 2006/2007 WRX/STi
      • Price w/ TSX Clear Lens: $240

Misc. Goodies

• Price / Pair: $25
    Turn Around times
    • Amber Clear-Out | Same Day ~ 24 hours
    • Painted Inner Housings | 1 ~ 3 days
    • Tinted Tailight Overlays, Sedan 04-06 (Inc STi) | 2 ~ 4 hours
    • Painted Center Console Pieces (S203, etc) | 24 ~ 48 hours depending on paint drying time
    • Subaru emblem removal on 04-06 front grille | 24 ~ 48 hours depending on paint drying time
    [/LIST]Future Services That You Know You Secretly Want
    • Direct OEM Emblemless Center Grill Piece Replacement for 06-07 WRX / STi (incl. wagons):
      • Price: C o m i n g S o o n !
    • HID Projector Retrofit for 2002-2003
    • HID Projector Retrofit for 2004-2005
    • TSX Clear Lens Upgrade for 2006-2007

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Customer Queue: Please PM to set up an apointment.

Frequently Asked Questions
    1. How much experience do you guys have with this sorta thing?
      1. We've been working on headlamps for the last 2 years. Taillights were a new addition this fall.
    2. What exactly do you mean by clearing out my headlamps?
      1. When we talk about clearing lamps, what we are referring to is the removal the factory amber pieces within the headlamp housing. I do not know the legality of this, nor if you need the pieces to pass any sort of inspections (see the disclaimer below).
        1. 2002-2003 WRXs have a small amount of amber.
        2. 2004-2005 WRXs have 2 pieces of amber and DO NOT have an amber blinker bulb, you will need to replace this bulb with someone that blinks amber to stay legal.
        3. 2006+ WRXs have 1 piece of amber, and are equipped with a amber blinker bulb from the factory.
    3. Alright, so I got that, but whats this blacking out deal?
      1. Generally, this is in reference to painting the portion of the housing that seperates from the front (front outershell) and the rear (where your bulbs and such are). This piece is made of extremely fragic plastic and does not take well to sanding, etc. We can paint it any color you would like, more difficult requests requiring more expensive paint or more time are subject to a slight % increase on final price.
    4. Will you work on lamps other than Subaru lamps?
      1. Definately, new projects are exciting! However, we take zero liability if a particular housing is not oven proof. Much like our Saab project, if you would like to have your non-subaru lamps worked on, please find a "donor" lamp and send it our direction. If it works, we know that your lamps are workable, if not, the loss is minimal.
    5. Do you do projector retro-fits?
      1. No, not yet. We are still looking for additional sets of each model year Subaru & Saab 92x. However, this is 100% a future service.
    6. Is the tint you apply to tail lights the same as what's on my windows ?
      1. No, we use vinyl overlays. What's on your windows would not last more than a month when placed on the outside of your car; hence, why it is installed on the insite. Vinyl is more durable and will provide enjoyment for years to come.
    7. Is any of this legal ?
      1. Any service rendered by 10th St JDM is intend for off-road use only. Please enjoy your new lights at your own discrection.
    8. What if there is a problem with my headlamps or taillamps (moisture, etc) ?
      1. If your headlamps develop moisture you can either throw them in the oven yourself or bring them back to us and we will repair them for free. We stand behind our work and want to ensure absolute customer satisifaction.
      2. If your overlays on your tails develop moisture for any reason we recommend that you take a safetypin to the bubble and create a small outlet for the moisture. Using your fingers or a credit card, move the moisture until it is pushed through the hole.
    9. I am interested in your services, how may I get in touch with you to set up an appointment ?
      1. Its easy, there are 3 ways to get in touch with us, the first two are preferrable.
        1. Send us a private message!
        2. Send us an instant message, "tenthstjdm" on AIM.
        3. Email us!
    Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    I, offically, do not know the law(s) regarding tinting tail lights. By having this done, you assume all liability. For all intents and purposes, any application or service rendered by 10th St JDM are for off-road use only. Due to the nature of tint (one time application), it is non-returnable and refunds will be not issued (Except if the merchandise is damaged during shipment or installation by 10th St JDM). Any variations in monitors and video cards may affect how the colors in our photos above appear on your screen.

As always...cheers,

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2007
  2. JPM Coachworks

JDM Annoucements
    • 09/17 -- Updated services list with new services/products and pricing!
    • 06/29 -- First customer set of ccfls
    • 06/2something -- CCFL demos installed on 10th Street STi
    • 06/01 -- 1st txs retrofit completed on our 2004.5 sti
    • 04/04 -- Order of bulbs arrived (LEDs & Chromies)
    • 03/26 -- Placing new vinyl order, who's interested?
    • 03/26 -- Interested in having your lamps reworked? Let us know!
    • 03/26 -- Placing a huge bulb order, who's interested?
    • 03/25 -- New services & products announced!
    • 03/23 -- Our retrofit is moving along nicely :D

10th St Blog
    first ccfl (angel eye) install complete!
    You can see them featured on Joe's (jl889) always sexy jdm sti or on my sti. See our thread for more photos, comments, etc. http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14156

first retrofit is complete!
    That's right ladies and gents, our very first retrofit is complete. We have received numerous inquiries about additional retrofits. Should a list of customers develop, I will post a waitlist so that you may follow up on the status of your project(s).
    Parking Light / City Light Replacement LEDs
    Threw a set on Milo's car to complete the 10th St projekt. They're that perfect addition we were looking for. I have 6 sets or so left in stock, get them while you can!

the weather's nice, its time for vinyl overlays once again!
    You know you want it, expect to see new additions this season as well. PM us for an appointment today!

calendar is open for appointments!
    Interested in any of our services? Please send us a PM today to set up an appointment!

midnight_rider's 2002 wrx wagon
    Just finished up a set of lamps for midnight_rider. What's coming up for him? 10th's 1st Bi-xenon retrofit for bugeyes :D

milo's 2006 sti
    Not your ordinary 06 sti :p With the final touches of smoked lamps and a chrome shroud ring, Milo's car is damn sexy. Expect to see a tsx lens upgrade in the future amongst potential other goodies :eek:

alex's tsx retrofit
    This project is moving along nicely. Check out my thread in the interior & exterior styling forum. Once this is completed, I will start taking orders for retrofits for 2002-2007 model years.

nick's 2004 wrx
    Nothing to see here other than a classy smile and a new set of lamps.

website's down for a few
    I took it down to restructure the gallery, etc. For now, enjoy the temp page -- http://www.10thstjdm.com

3. jayj713

jayj713 Member

haha after 5 min? I wish there was a way you could debadge the oval subaru symbol on the back of the 06s :/.

4. JPM Coachworks

Hmm, its pinned in there isnt it ? If you had a blue trunk, I'd consider trading with ya :D

5. JPM Coachworks

Here's an alternative for you though, replace them with bumper bolts...or jsut take it into a body shop and have them filled...

[​IMG]

6. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Alex what are you talking about when you say blacking out the light? Wouldn't that reduce the light output of the headlights by removing some of what focuses them on the road?

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

No, you black out the surround, it is a separate piece. It doesnt reduce the light output

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Exactly, you paint the inner housing black (not the reflective parts).

9. wrxin8or

Ive got some pics of the surrounds out of the headlights that I can post up for you Alex

10. Alex

Sure, thanks :) I was looking for the pictures from Tom's, but I couldnt find them :wtc:

11. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Man, I would be very interested in getting my subaru emblem deleted from my grille. How much would you charge for that?.

Mark

12. Alex

Not sure yet, we can work something out though. Ive yet to work on an 06 so that will factor into the price (good for you) :)

13. wrxin8or

Here we go, some pics, from mostly my bugeye

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That shows the darker outline where (That is Toms WRX) his headlights are painted, or at least you can tell the darker surround that would be painted.

14. Alex

15. Alex

Mark, sent ya a PM regarding your grille :)

16. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Gotcha thanks for the pics!

17. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I did mine my self on my bugeye and i love it. Good luck with all of this ALEX.

18. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Thanks Alex...I will speak with you soon regarding the tinting...

Mark

19. JPM Coachworks

Greetings. I am working on setting up tail-light tinting (for all models) as well! I will update the first post with information on that as it all unfolds.

Mark, Ill send you a PM when I know more about tinting your tails. We'll set up a day to do your grille and lights.

20. jayj713

jayj713 Member

If the grill works out with Mark lemme know. Or I can come by on the same day if you guys want :)

21. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Oooh! I wanna tint my tail lights too!!

22. Alex

I suppose the two of you could come by on the same day, assuming our schedules all work out.

Fareed, I'll PM you about the tint on the tails.

23. Greg

Greg Active Member

I'd like to see the 06' grill done...

24. Alex

Working on it when the mesh comes in.

25. JPM Coachworks

New name, same great stuff.

No word from the tint for tails yet, I'll keep everyone updated :wiggle:

26. wrxin8or

I like the new name

27. Alex

Thank you. I was bored :D

28. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I wouldn't mind seeing some close ups of an 06 whenever you get one. I haven't looked very closely at mine but it seems like it would be a pain in teh arse to retain an OEM look.

Personally I don't care too much for chicken wire.

29. Alex

If you are referring to the grille work, it wouldnt be chicken wire. Chicken wire hurts the hands and doesnt look good on anything but a parade float or your friend's farm. I intend to use high-grade aluminum honeycomb. It should be quite close to stock dimensions (width / depth / etc) and should turn out superb!

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Best of luck man!

31. JPM Coachworks

[​IMG]

32. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Right. Didn't mean to insinuate... I looked closer at my center section and none of it would be reusable. You have to just completely replace the center section with something. Unless you are some kind of plastic resin god.

33. JPM Coachworks

Well you know me :eek:

But yeah, this is exactly why I plan on simply painting and replacing everything with sexy alum. honeycomb!

34. LazyGun

LazyGun Member

Me too. :)

35. Alex

I'll see what I can do, just need a volunteer :)

36. JPM Coachworks

In an effort to keep this relatively organized, I am going to merge the other thread into this one and keep all mods done in this thread.

Cheers,

37. LazyGun

LazyGun Member

What exactly would you do to the 06 grille then?
    That's mainly why I wanted to see one, to see if I liked it and fancied it on my car. But I could be persuaded to be the first person if it looks cool (imo), and maybe if I could reverse it if I had to.

38. Alex

It would be entirely reverseable. I am replacing the OE mesh and emblem with a OE similar mesh w/o emblem that's painted to match the OE black.

Ill figure it out this weekend.

Cheers,

39. JPM Coachworks

Bumpity bump :wiggle:

40. legacy05gt

legacy05gt Member

do you clear out 2005 legacy grilles?

41. SolutionBuilt

SolutionBuilt New Member

Greetings,

I notice that a lot of subie owners are lookin' towards the taillight blackout. However, I was thinkin' of somethin' a little different. What is the probability of creating a silver-mirror tint for our taillights? :) I would LOVE to have a mirror-finish tint put on my taillights and headlights.

- '05 Wagon

42. JPM Coachworks

Its 100% doable, just let me know and I'll work it out for ya.

43. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

preciate u hitting me back.............i'll get up with u soon:bowdown:

44. JPM Coachworks

no problemo :)

45. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Interested in blacking out my headlights(w/amber removal) very soon. Where are you guys located? I'd also need it done in one day.... Looking at doing this asap so let me know.

46. JPM Coachworks

All PM's replied to!

47. JPM Coachworks

Tint has been ordered, if you would like to confirm a day to have the work done please PM!

48. JPM Coachworks

Updated with photos of techlord's wrx with smoked tails :)

49. jayj713

jayj713 Member

have you gotten around to debadging 06 grills yet?

50. JPM Coachworks

Well I am working on a new technique for it, I'll have some more information on monday. Send me a PM, we'll talk