Drews 04 STi and rebuild I guess...

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Texsun, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Texsun

Texsun Member

I bought 2004 Subaru WRX STi 100% bone stock! from a used car lot 20 min on the road and the car broke down started smoking and rattlingi and what have you complete loss of boost. Got it back home and called the dealer the declined my call multiple times until I called with a diffrent number anyways came and he picked the car up 2 days later and brought me a temporary vehicle to drive till the car got "fixed". The car came out of the shop on Friday with the problem being the Stock Turbo went out they replaced it but I had to pay $700 for the parts. I drove the car home and back to work. As I was headed back home after work the car started to rattle and progresssivley get worse the vehicle got to the point to where it kept stalling and dieing. Now the vehicle is unable to drive and it is my only mode of transportation to and from Work I am Active Duty Army and this is a necessity since I live 18 miles away from Camp! Luckily we have my wifes car so she is able to make all her appointments and drop me off at work but gas has been getting EXPENSIVE drive back and fourth to get me multiple times. The dealership is being completely useless and trying to blame me for the car shitting the brick but seeing how I have only put less then 120 miles on the car thats impossible something was obviously FUBAR on the car before I got it. I am currently building up a case to hopefully A. either get a complete motor B. Replacement car or C. REFUND I cannot afford to have a $15,000 that keeps breaking down when I have a wife that is pregaunant and due next month. So looks like im gonna make it rain on them. Here are a few pics of the Car since most people havent seen it or look at the introduction thread haha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  2. Texsun

Texsun Member

Here is the FUBAR Turbo... That the guys at AllPro took off and replaced for me. They did a great job!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Texsun

Texsun Member

Currently got it sitting in the Garage...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if the rattle is the replacement turbo. My ex gf's turbo broke just like that it kept breaking the turbos we replaced (3 total) and it with because something was blocking oil from getting to the turbo.

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble but if you think about it 15k is CHEAP for an STI, something's are just too good to be true.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  5. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Also does it seem like the car had a bug deflector on the hood? Maybe a difference in the paint there? I know a guy that sold his PSM 04 who also lived in your area but it had a bug deflector (looked like a unibrow)

6. Texsun

Texsun Member

Yeah sometimes are just to good to be true...

Doesnt seem like it had a bug deflector before. I got the car off a lot in Tucker, GA

7. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

Nice looking car!

8. Texsun

Texsun Member

Yeah it looks great sitting in my driveway/garage haha Wish it was driveable!

9. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I like the color.
    Good luck sorting it all out. At least you already found AllPro they will take care of you.