Drive from SAV to ATL

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by suby113, Jun 12, 2006.

1. suby113

suby113 Member

Damn that drive is sooooo long especially when you are trailering a car. me and my Buddy brandon and my Buddy Dave drove to ATL yesterday to drop off Daves car at SOG to get rebuilt and tuned buy SS. What sucked is that when we got there the gates were locked and had no where to drop the car off. So we were contemplating on what we should do. wile we were doing that some guy who audits or does computers or something like that showed up and let us in, Talk about a God send! Well any way we dropped his car off and headed to morrow to go get some dinner at cracker barrel. after we ate we drove back to SAV didn't get home till midnight. I am so friggin tired today i don't know how i'm gonna stay up until the end of my long ass 12 hr shift, this sucks we'll any way hopefully we can ride up to ATL soon again but this time meet some ATL guys and stay for a weekend.

2. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I feel your pain brotha. When I first got my tune with SS I didn't end up leaving Gwinnett until about 6:30. Got home at 12:30 and then had to be up at 4:45 to get ready for PT.

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Ugh, I hate I16... It has to be the most boring stretch of road on the planet.

4. suby113

suby113 Member

tell me about it!:squint:

5. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yes. I'd rather drive through the Mojave desert than that damn thing.

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Usually take it when going to the beach house, but it's gotten to the point where I'd rather drive a half hour extra and go on some interesting backroads.

7. heathbar

heathbar Member

I've heard it's pretty nice this time of year! :keke:

8. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

back when i was at Ga Southern, i drove to atl at least 2 times a month. the worst part of the drive was I-16, once i hit 75 it wasn't so bad.

i eventually go to the point of taking backroads though. it was much more enjoyable. now that my parents live up near Helen, when i go up there it is nothing but backroads. still about a 5.5 hour trip though....

9. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

thats nothing, i used to drive the old accord to ATL from GA Southern every weekend!......

10. Demo24

Demo24 Member

We use to make the trip from Lagrange to just outside Athens nearly every weekend. That really wasn't to fun, must have been hell for mom as I was way to young to drive. Saturn FTW!