Driving to Cali

Discussion in 'General Community' started by walexandersTi, Jan 12, 2009.

1. walexandersTi

walexandersTi New Member

Hey Guys!

Anyone have any experience taping their car up for long drives? I'll be driving to california next week for Grad school and am trying to protect the new paint so it doesnt get rock chipped to hell. Any ideas?

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

3m clear bra.

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

4. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Get some rally armour spats so the awd doesn't throw stones on those panels, especially the front!

5. walexandersTi

walexandersTi New Member

yea. im goin with the new blue painters tape look. blue and DGM WOO! wish i could get some spats before the trip tho!

6. totsubo

totsubo Member

I just drove to Los Angeles and back a couple weeks ago.

It does not matter what you do. The roads suck. In LA, they are full of stones. Most of my windshield chips happened once I got to Los Angeles.

The hood is full of little chips.

I have not washed my car yet so I do not know the true extent of the damages.

I would do an entire car wrap if I were to do it all over again...

7. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

painter's mask teh car... teh whole car... lol

8. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Did you look at shipping your car? I just moved to Seattle and I really did not want to drive across the country in the middle of winter. So I put my car on a semi and flew here. $915 door to door plus a one way plane ticket and I did not have to put the miles on my car or try to drive through snow in summer tires. I am sure it is a little bit more money than gas + hotels, but it was way less stressful.

9. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Just tape it up and dont tailgate anyone. I've drove to Phoenix and back twice.

10. walexandersTi

walexandersTi New Member

Alright so made it back to cali with no scratches or chips. the 3m tape held up nicely. I borrowed a friends valentine one and it worked flawlessly! valentine one FTMFW! seriously. speed trap at 3am in the middle of Arizona. Gonna do a write up pretty soon here.

11. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I bet u like the curves commin thru there tho.:ddirty: