Drought status?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Apr 7, 2008.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Just wondering if anyone knows the real deal on whats going on with our drought situation... Can I wash my car yet? Getting real tired of paying to get it done... Last I heard they were laxing the rules a little bit, letting people water between midnight and 2am or something stupid....

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Well...if only they can find a way to convert pollen to water. We'd be set!

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

I was wondering that myself. I searched for a good 20 minutes on it online one day and came up with nothing useful.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Seems like its been raining for the last month straight, that outta at least put a dent into it...

5. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

There're still restrictions on water usage, and ongoing conservation is never bad, but the situation is better as far as I know. I coin-wash my car once every couple to three weeks lately.

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Alatoona is already at full summer pool

go to Google and type in Atlanta water shortage..

7. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

take yo ass to the car wash, it won't be over for a while....clark howard said it would have to rain for 38 days straight non stop to get back up to a normal fill level in all the lakes...

8. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

As far as I know the governor was recommending lifting the total ban as of April 1 with limited use on certain days / times. I know in Forsyth if you have an odd address number, you can use the hose (not sprinkler) for up to 25 minutes on Sunday, Tues, Thurs between midnight and 10 am. It does not talk about car washing, but I think it would be allowed under it. Google search your county and water restrictions and you should find it.

9. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

10. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

I think it was something like 10-20 minutes of water every other day (for a max of 3 days a week) for watering plants or in my case a miata.

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

i just wash my car I dont give a F***, until they start putting restrictions on states that eat up our water supply they can come give me warnings.

Oh BTW, they F'kers tried to charge me for like 13000 gal of water useage and they had just replaced the leaking meter less than 3 months ago well they say they will not refund unless it is over 15K useage welll guess what another leaking meter and these asshats are singing a different tune now. Talked to the director of Water for Cobb county and now they are refunding me for the last 6 mo's back to normal useage. The kicker is the asshat said they regularly have leaks from faulty installs that waste hundreds of thousands of gallons. Go figure.

12. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah I drove by a cobb fire station and saw them washing the one of the trucks...next day...washing the other truck...WTF!!! :fawk: