EcuTek, Oh Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by FTZ, Feb 16, 2005.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

First let me thank Scott Siegel. You are awesome.

Anyways, took my car to SoG Monday, talked to Scott in the morning about getting my Ecu Reflashed. He said no problem, bring it in.

I went straight there after talking to Scott. We pulled my muffler off, changed restrictors and plugged into my Ecu and after a short fight was able to pull my Ecu Log from Utility mode.

Did some basic adjustments and went to upload the new Data. Well wouldn't you know my luck, couldn't get into program mode to dump the old .bin and upload the new .bin. Scott called EcuTek, I guess in CA and talked to Ben. Ben said after working with Scott for a little bit, "Send the Customer home."

So after about 4 hours, we put everything back and Scott said he would call EcuTek UK and find out what needs to be done.

Got a call from Scott this morning around 8:30 AM. Bastard woke me up. j/K. Said he got a software update and we should be good to go. Jumped out of bed and went straight there again. Plugged in and Bingo, we were in. Did about an hour of road tuning. Then he had another appointment coming in at 11. I think this may be our newest memeber JDMSTIMike?

Anyways, with my tune only half done. I am extremely happy. My car is a whole different beast. I love it. Going back tomorrow morning to finish tuning. We are going to tune without the muffler as I am still waiting for my Scoobysport Muffler to be released from Customs, please let it be soon.

Will post up again once done, I was thinking about going to Topspeed tomorrow when we are done to get dyno'd but if another Dyno Day is in the making I will probably just wait.

Once again, I want to thank Scott for great follow thru with getting this done.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

glad ur happy with it... how much boost?

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

18 right now. I think tomorrow with the muffler off we are shooting for just under 19. I think that is about the same as you, right?

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Sweet, my car doesn't seem to have the same amount of pull yours did that day, but again it's not finished and I also had and still have my very restrictive stock muffler on there.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

well... it always pulls harder and handles better when someone else is driving :D

7. longfury

longfury Active Member

Isn't that the truth. :D :)