EcuTek Yeah!!!!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by FTZ, Jan 30, 2005.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Ordered my EcuTek reflash Friday with Porter. I tried calling Scott Siegal but he was out on a road tune and never called me back. I ordered from Kingpin, Hopefully it will be here on Tuesday or Wednesday. Now I just need Danny's intercooler and I am pretty much done power-wise with my car. Next is the carputer, then suspension and brakes.

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Cool man!

Do you already have UP/DP?

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

ur gonna love it... so basically, do u send them a list of mods that u have so they send u an appropriate tune?

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yeah, Porter is taking care of it for me. He sent a list of mods and they are tuning for that. I am going to run 17PSI I think. I would like to go higher but from what Rallyperformance told me, any higher and you are killing the life of your turbo.

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

And then you get something bigger!

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Nah, I don't think that will happen, maybe, but I doubt it. He said the same thing Rallyperformance was telling me, that 17PSI is about as high as you can go without affecting the reliability of the turbo.

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i heard prodrive pushes about 19 psi

8. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

That's right! :bigthumb: Stage 3 makes 19psi.

9. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

sho does!

10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

But what is that do for the long term life of the turbo. I want a car that is going to last awhile. I don't know, We will have to get side by side sometime Milo and do a street drag. I know you don't like street racing, but a nice 0 to 60 or speed limit to see the difference. You have very similar mods, I am curious to see what difference 2 PSI will make.

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

well... i'd like to find out too... wonder when the drag strip opens again :D

in terms of the life of the turbo, im not a mechanic so i dunno for sure... however since SOG was selling a prodrive stage 3 wrx with 19psi, i believe its not going to be too bad for the turbo

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I preregistered for that Track Day with the Mitsu 3000GT and Doge Stealth guys are doing March 6.

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hmmmm..... dunno if im gonna do that one or the dsm one.... or maybe i could do both :)

14. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I will do them all. But even if I decide not to go at the last minute, it was $15.