EJ20R Swapped BD Legacy

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by John, Mar 5, 2011.

1. John

John Active Member

I just picked up this car tonight. It actually has quite some history behind it.

A friend of mine, Wazzy bought this car a few years back. It was a complete piece of shit. He paid about $400 bucks for it and it was on its last leg. With a lot of time and A LOT of money, he got it to the point where it is today.

This is my first boosted car, so I'm new to the world of boost. I've driven this car coutless times in the past so I'm somewhat use to the feel of having boost, but its nice to finally be able to call it mine.

As sad as I am to say this, he has kind of stepped out of the Subaru game for awhile. I bought his Legacy since he got a new turbo awd car (build is in progress, I'm sure you all will see it soon).

I would like to take a minute to thank Wazzy for giving me a good deal on the car!

Here are a few quick specs

EJ20R converted to single turbo
    Rotated TD04
    Greddy boost controller
    D2Racing coilovers
    STI V3 5speed JDM transmission
    STI V7 seats
    FMIC
    Megasquirt ECU
    Ford EDIS ignition
    MSD coil pack; Mustang GT wireset
    252 upgraded cams
    Prosport Gauges
    WRX wheels
    WRX brakes

I'll have it on the dyno sometime in the next few weeks to see what kind of numbers I get and to get a good tune on it. It recently had the turbo changed, so its running on the old tune right now with the boost controller set down to 4psi

I do have a lot of plans for the car, and I think I have a very good starting point for a lot of power. I'll be looking into a 6 speed STI trans sometime in the future, along with an EJ257 block. But for now, the current setup will work just fine.

I don't want to jack Wazzys pictures, so I'll be posting my own pics. I didn't get the car until after dark tonight, so I don't have the best pictures in the world yet....More pics to come very soon

I'm open to any thoughts, suggestions, blah blah blah

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  2. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

what happened to the gt30r?

3. John

John Active Member

It had been taken off. Thats why a TD04 is on it now and it needs a new tune. He took off the gt30r to sell it and put a stock turbo back on.

I didn't like the lag on the gt30r anyways.

4. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

the power makes up for the lag.

5. subaru

My S4 will be just as fun!

Lots of mods coming

Enjoy your Subaru!

6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

S4, fuck yeah. i take it over subaru any day. Too bad i couldnt find one in my price range when i was looking for one. what year?

7. John

John Active Member

We went and picked up his 01 S4 lastnight.

I'm sorry, but nothing could ever take place of a Subaru in my eyes.

8. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

dream bigger

9. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Yeah.
    Like an S5.

10. i couldnt afford a newer one, so i picked up a 2001 S4-- still amazing fun... chip intake exhaust, ill be close to 400 hp lol

11. John

John Active Member

The S4 is a sharp car, and it has a decent amount of power. Personally, I'm strictly Subaru. I don't like German cars. I'm not saying that its a piece of shit or anything (because its not)....VW just isn't my thing.....Neither is BMW or Benz.

Wazzy loves the S4 though, and I'm glad he found something that he is happy to replace the Subaru with. Both Wazzy and I are better off now. Couldn't ask for more lol

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Interesting choice on the S4 :) Enjoy the bill when both those K04s go on ya ;)

13. already have funds saved for that day lol..

14. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Congrats, did you sell the other lgt?

15. John

John Active Member

Yeah I sold the red 97 GT to a good friend of mine. I was going to keep it, but he really wanted it and money talks lol

Sent from my Android powered HTC HD2

16. John

John Active Member

I had the Legacy on the dyno today. It failed.

[​IMG]

17. subaru

it will be fixed monday though :)

a mere 30 dollar part

18. John

John Active Member

Here is a little update :

Got it back (some time ago) from the tune. Everything is fixed and running great.

230 / 229 hp/tq @ 15psi

[​IMG]

Here are a few random pics of me adjusting ride height and rear camber at home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 97s14

97s14 New Member

S4's are look good but expensive..

20. John

John Active Member

[youtube]0d5V5-ve_tI[/youtube]